Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many Have Shields ,thinking Of Taking Mine Off Looks Better But Does Block The Wind Bdvrod. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
bdvrod said:
How Many Have Shields ,thinking Of Taking Mine Off Looks Better But Does Block The Wind Bdvrod. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
NO SHIELDS!!! Looks like Crap I dont care how Small they are.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
bdvrod said:
You'll miss it on the hour or longer rides, without it the wind wears you out.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have found that with a full face, I prefer the helmet in clear air (less noise, turbulent). The Batwing, however, takes the wind off the chest, which is a benefit on a long ride (and when its 34F). I'm using the short windshield.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
craig, i have the quick detachable windshield as well the great thing about that is its detachable, the only thing I DISLIKE about it, is the relocating of turn signals donw to the forks instead of off the mirrors, I keep it for the days when my girlfriend is riding otherwise i dont use it, same as the sissy bar!

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I have the Supersport Windshield and the Sport Wind Deflector ( that little black bug screen the Screaming Eagle VRSCX uses ). They can be swapped out in under five minutes using only a 5mm allen wrench. For long trips on cold desert winter days where it can be in the low teens in the morning a windshield is essential, purists be damned. For those temps you need the wind protection and the electric vest! For the hot summer months I run the Sport Wind Deflector. It looks very cool on an '07 Street Rod with all the black trim. If I head plan to up into the Sierra Nevada in the spring where it will be cold the bigger windshield is a quick swap. You didn't say which bike you have?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Have A 06 A Its A Quick Detachable Touring One Some Call It The Pope Mobile Its So Damm Big Hahah Im Thinking Of Just Using It On The Windy/cold Days Not To Many Here In Florida Just Spent Another 8.000 On Mods Now I Have A 40.000 Dollar V-rod Hahaah

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
luxlamf said:

I don't care how it looks, it is the only way I can ride the bike on the freeway....otherwise I will literally be hanging on for dear life. Sometimes function over form in order to enjoy the ride :angelwin:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
TEJASPECIAL said:
Question = Will your girlfriend kiss ya after you run through a plethora of bugs........or do you just need to break down and buy one of these??? :wazzup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=200172323574&rd=1

eat ya heart out Cali Boy! :rofl: :angeldev:
If I ugly up my bike with a Windshield I wouldnt have a Gurlfriend worth kissin', I have said it Many Many Times, aint no bugs in Cali of the Insect variety.

Night Rodder said:
I don't care how it looks, it is the only way I can ride the bike on the freeway....otherwise I will literally be hanging on for dear life. Sometimes function over form in order to enjoy the ride :angelwin:
Bite your TONGUE!!!!

·
Hawkeyes Fan
43 Posts
I have the supersport windshield. Love it as it takes the wind off my chest.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
First, I want to say that I like the windshield on my 03 A - Memphis Shades El Paso (black). I think the VR is versatile enough to look good configured many different ways, shield, no shield, bags or not. I ride a lot and the shield really makes a huge difference! Lux, as far a no bugs in cali goes, you don't have bugs down there because you live in the desert! Up here in Norcal we got lots of bugs, especially in the spring and when you're eatin bugs up here, remember, the green ones are juicy and the brown ones are crunchy!

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
luxlamf said:
If I ugly up my bike with a Windshield I wouldnt have a Gurlfriend worth kissin', I have said it Many Many Times, aint no bugs in Cali of the Insect variety.

Bite your TONGUE!!!!

NICE VOLLEY.....I KNOW YOU WOULD PULL THROUGH......PERFECT IF I SAY SO MYSELF........ :rofl: Your almost right up there with LENO... :deal: .................but if you were in Tejas you would have a change of heart...........the bugs here are the size of Armadillas......you KNOW EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEJAS......... :angeldev: even the :bs: j/k I bullshit you not! :rofl:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Picked up my 08 DX today and rode 95 miles home in a 35 mph headwind. What a whuppin. As soon as I got home I installed a sport windshield I bought on Ebay. Don't care how it looks; I'm for comfort. Riding is supposed to be fun not an ordeal to endure. Next comes readuced reach bars, ain't gonna lay over the air box to ride.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Billj said:
Picked up my 08 DX today and rode 95 miles home in a 35 mph headwind. What a whuppin. As soon as I got home I installed a sport windshield I bought on Ebay. Don't care how it looks; I'm for comfort. Riding is supposed to be fun not an ordeal to endure. Next comes readuced reach bars, ain't gonna lay over the air box to ride.

I know thats right! :angeldev: CONRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BIKE! :D Wind gusts tonight up to 37 mph and a temperature of 26........EVEN LUXIE WOULD GIVE IN UNDER THESE HARSH CONDITIONS. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Luxie would be cagin' it, trust me.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
luxlamf said:
This is one of those things that everyone of us has to decide for ourselves, windshield or no windshield. I have a small windshield on my DX and it is an amazing difference from when I first got the bike. I also have a Fat Boy with a windshield and I like both bikes that way. The bottom line here is if you want to ride with a windshield do it, if you don't want to ride with a windshield, don't. Let those who ride decide. There is no one universal answer to this question, that is why we are all unique!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts