Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vrod Rider
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a windshield for my Screamin' Eagle '05 Vrod....i'm new to the this site and new to owning a Vrod. Am finding it hard to find a quality windshield that fits this model bike. Any help?? Please!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Windshield

NiCRod,

If you are looking at a touring windshield, I used an HD Quick Release part # 57211-05. See a photo in the following thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2038103&postcount=18

I removed the stock cowl around the headlamp and replaced it with a chrome headlamp mount from a 2004 VRSCA (purchased from BikeBandit) and an HD Headlamp visor part #69236-04. A smaller visor comes with the headlamp mount kit if you don't want the larger visor. The new mount allowed free access to the front fork tubes to clamp on the Quick Release windshield - on and off in 10 seconds - and the chrome headlamp mount looks good. I buy HD parts from Chicago Harley and Bike Bandit - good prices.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
I am looking for a windshield for my Screamin' Eagle '05 Vrod....i'm new to the this site and new to owning a Vrod. Am finding it hard to find a quality windshield that fits this model bike. Any help?? Please!
www.rifle.com I love mine, It adjusts 4" up or down and the handle bar to shield mounts adjust to near every V-Rod. The quality is top notch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also have an 05 CVO and I installed a Windvest (18" clear, windvest.com). It is relatively small, looks great (in my opinion), deflects most bugs and rocks, but doesn't provide a lot of wind protection. The quality is very good.

·
Vrod Rider
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KIDROD-when i look at the shields on that site, for a '05 Screamin' Eagle Vrod, the tach for mine is totally shaped different. Mine is oblong, top to bottom, not side to side as shown in the pics for my year bike...makes me nervous to order a shield and then finding out it won't fit my bike...any suggestions?

**check out my pics on my profile and you'll see what i mean about the shape of my tach...i think most other model vrods have the standard horizontal tach.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
KIDROD-when i look at the shields on that site, for a '05 Screamin' Eagle Vrod, the tach for mine is totally shaped different. Mine is oblong, top to bottom, not side to side as shown in the pics for my year bike...makes me nervous to order a shield and then finding out it won't fit my bike...any suggestions?

**check out my pics on my profile and you'll see what i mean about the shape of my tach...i think most other model vrods have the standard horizontal tach.
Hey NiCRod, Just checked your profile pics and went to the garage to put the shield on and I don't think it will work for you. The shield I have has a crossbar that MAY fit above or below your tach but even if it did you would not be able to adjust it to your liking. Wish I coulda helped :(

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
NiCRod,

If you are looking at a touring windshield, I used an HD Quick Release part # 57211-05. See a photo in the following thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2038103&postcount=18

I removed the stock cowl around the headlamp and replaced it with a chrome headlamp mount from a 2004 VRSCA (purchased from BikeBandit) and an HD Headlamp visor part #69236-04. A smaller visor comes with the headlamp mount kit if you don't want the larger visor. The new mount allowed free access to the front fork tubes to clamp on the Quick Release windshield - on and off in 10 seconds - and the chrome headlamp mount looks good. I buy HD parts from Chicago Harley and Bike Bandit - good prices.
I agree with Mabes and you'll still have a great looking ride! I have the quick release myself and it looks good and is well made!
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts