Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I recently purchased a windshield for my f and would like to know if somebody makes a deflector that attaches to it because riding with it pushes all the air right to my eyes and makes it hard to keep my glasses on. Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

·
2009 VRSCF
162 Posts
This is why when I use mine I always wear my full face helmet.

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
I have made an adjustment to mine to change the angle slightly. I'll take photos and post them later today. It really helps. Just amounts to a little extension to the handle bar mounts to make the shield a little more upright.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
I think we need Lux at this point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I share onpoint's problem but live with it because it blocks wind pressure off my chest. Hope dabusses pictures will bring some relief (to air in the eyes, that is.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I installed a new HD windshield on my D last Sunday and had the same problem. I found that by ignoring the directions and moving the handlebar clamps as high as possible on the bars I was able to change the angle of the shield enough to eliminate the problem.

Move the fork clamps up as high as possible and loosen the handlebar clamps. The goal is to get the shield to sit up as verticle as possible. I had to loosen the controls to get the shield clamps under the banjo fittings on the fluid reservoirs. After the winshield is as verticle as possible, tighten everything up. Worked great for me.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i have the same problem with mine if i wear an open face. beard blows upwards as well. full face not to bad. touratech make a universal deflector but its a bit pricey and i'm not sure if it fits.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed a new HD windshield on my D last Sunday and had the same problem. I found that by ignoring the directions and moving the handlebar clamps as high as possible on the bars I was able to change the angle of the shield enough to eliminate the problem.

Move the fork clamps up as high as possible and loosen the handlebar clamps. The goal is to get the shield to sit up as verticle as possible. I had to loosen the controls to get the shield clamps under the banjo fittings on the fluid reservoirs. After the winshield is as verticle as possible, tighten everything up. Worked great for me.
Problem is that mounting points are fixed on the F's handlebar.
You do give an idea though, what about fabbing "shorter" links between windshield and fork tube quick clamps? .....will look into that tonite

Marcelito

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Deflector

Try www.laminar.com -have the same issue with my F with mid sport screen -I haven't done this yet but I have a small sport screen add on from laminar for my Speed triple and it works great.
Cheers

Hello all
I recently purchased a windshield for my f and would like to know if somebody makes a deflector that attaches to it because riding with it pushes all the air right to my eyes and makes it hard to keep my glasses on. Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Muscle A4 HOG
59 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Link below is to Rifle windshields. I got the 4 inch longer clear screen to stop my wife complaining about getting the wind in her face with the original HD screen. Just used the HD brackets off the original screen. They also do a 2 inch longer which may be enough if your not needing to consider a pillion.

http://www.rifle.com/Motorcycle/Harley-Davidson/srchbike.cfm?&DID=9&BikeNo=5773&Motorcycle=2009-Harley-Davidson-VRSCF_V-Rod-Muscle
thanks for this, i think a +4" smoked will be ordered soon. can i ask how tall you are?

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I recently installed the HD windshield and love it. Half helmet is much more comfortable now and I can wear any glasses for eye protection due to the reduced direct air.

edit to add: one draw back, the high beams reflect back making them basically unusable.

·
Jeff
283 Posts
I had the same problem, got the 2" taller smoked windshield from rifle & it put the air on the top of my head Im 6'.

jljakyl, thanks for posting your height and the pic. I'm 6' 5" and know that the HD windshield isn't going to work for me. I'll be eating everything that comes my way with that little shield.

Is it more cost effective to buy the HD F windshield kit (to adapt over to the rifle) or piece part it?

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bike came with the hd windshield so all i had to buy was the rifle fairing. not sure how much the windshield kit is from hd. but if your 6'5" your gonna half to go with the 4" taller. i dont know if you can just buy the hardware without the windshiel from hd.

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Yeah, good call. 4" taller it will have to be. I'll go clear so it won't look completely ridiculous and upset the look of the bike.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
271 Posts
Need Help for windshield size

Hey you guys, I need help with ordering the windshield size from Rifle. I'm 6'2 and don't know if I should order the 2 inch taller version or be safe and go with the 4 inch windshield. I want the wind to go over my head.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts