Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, you guys say, that the best windshield for the V-Rod A ist the sport-windshield with the mounting-hardware from the supersport-windshield - thats very expensive because i have to buy two windshields. Did anyone know, if i can get the same effect, when i buy for my V-Rod A the sport-windshield for the V-Rod B, because the mounting hardware must be shorter.
Teppo

·
Registered
281 Posts
Teppo said:
Hello, you guys say, that the best windshield for the V-Rod A ist the sport-windshield with the mounting-hardware from the supersport-windshield - thats very expensive because i have to buy two windshields. Did anyone know, if i can get the same effect, when i buy for my V-Rod A the sport-windshield for the V-Rod B, because the mounting hardware must be shorter.
Teppo
Why does everyone say the super sport windshield is no good? I have one, and its perfect for trips. Keeps the wind off your chest...I just finished a 2500 mile ride from San Antonio to Orlando and back, and the SS was great. Easy to take off too for local riding.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
I still say.....the Wind Vest Rules!!! Looks, ease of application, and performance!!
Just my 2 cents worth (again)
redrazor

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also have a super sport windshield that came with the gold key and I find it great in keeping the wind off my chest. I am 6' in height and find it great, however, I do wear a full face helmet. With the visor open with sunglasses it is fine at 60 mph.

My quarter on the matter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks at all. The Wind Vest seems to be a good solution, but i can't use it, because in Germany we have the "TÜV". Every modification on your bike has to be checked by an engineer and for this check you need some papers, sealed with "TÜV approved". If you don't have some, forget it....
For speeds around 60 miles, i don't need a windshied, i need it fot speeds around 100 - 135 miles per hour.
Teppo

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I too have the Super Sport shield & am happy with it. On the plus side I think it looks great & works well enough. On the down side I had trouble with rattling at the ball & socket joints until I learned to stress each one in opposite directions, & I do need to re-adjust them once in a while. I also wonder if there was a slight reverse shape at the top edge whether it might break up the air going over the top & directly at the face of my full face helmet. I'm used to that turbulence however, & would rather ride with it than without it.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I bought a B Super Sport off ebay cheap, and got the A struts from V Mod.

·
Go Cowboys!
292 Posts
I have a Sport windshield for sale in the FOR SALE area. Let me know if you are interested. I would have no idea what it would be to ship to Germany, but you'll have to pick up the international shipping. PM if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts