Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a HD windshield (the only one Harley makes for the CDX) and it's worse than without one. The wind now hits me right in the glasses. I'm a pretty tall guy, 6'2, but I can't imagine this not happening to anyone else. It seems as though Harley designed this bike for people 5'5 and under. Anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas to get th wid deflected over my head? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I have the same set up and am 6'3". It is more of a deflector than a windshield in my opinion. How you tried rotating it forward just a bit? I have some glasses that just wont work on the DX, that is why i ride most of the time with the eyecups.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
PLETTIERI said:
I just installed a HD windshield (the only one Harley makes for the CDX) and it's worse than without one. The wind now hits me right in the glasses. I'm a pretty tall guy, 6'2, but I can't imagine this not happening to anyone else. It seems as though Harley designed this bike for people 5'5 and under. Anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas to get th wid deflected over my head? Thanks guys

i have it too....i just duck :rofl:

·
Registered
11 Posts
PLETTIERI said:

Had the same problem, i adjusted it every which way from Sunday with no
change, it's like riding crosseyed so like the other post i removed it and my
vision straightened up. Total waste of money if you ask me.

PeterJ

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have the same windshield and I installed it also. There really is no set position when installing. This is good because if you loosen all the hardware (easy to do) You will find you can adjust the angle of the shield. In your case you want it to be more vertical than it is now. That will cause the air stream to move higher off the top of the shield and hopefully over your head. I am 6'2" and it works great for me.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
stomper said:
Whats a windshield ?? :hidesbeh:

LOL...i must agree..whats a windshield???...hehe:hidesbeh: :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
stomper said:
Whats a windshield ?? :hidesbeh:
It's more of a lower torso sheild for long distance high speed cruising. It keeps the wind from pushing on my body allowing me to ride with less hand grip pressure for many hours of high speed travel.

·
Flyer
98 Posts
Go to Rifle.com (below link) and order up a replacement shield. If they don't have a stock one to suit your taste just let them know exactly what you want and they'll make it for you. It just cost a little more. I have my larger one back on for winter (6" over and 2" longer on the bottom - plus a bit wider).They use the stock H-D hardware.

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdet...Night-Rod-VRSCD-Replacement-Windshield-(06---)

·
Finn
466 Posts
ROCKERDAN said:
LOL...i must agree..whats a windshield???...hehe:hidesbeh: :hidesbeh:
400 mile day in 40mph South Dakota wind that no matter which direction I ride its in my face. Call me a Pussy but I believe in enjoying the ride.
I will say I take it off for in town cruising....Makes me a little smaller pussy.

I am 6'2" also and I am working on an idea to add 6" to the top of the deflector. It more just takes the pressure off my middle so the arms and legs dont get so tired on the long rides.

Peace,
Finn

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
I have an A, but this might be relevant. When I first got my bike it had a supersport windshield on it. It tried to make it work, even tried the Pingel Extenders trying to get the wind OVER my head. No dice. And I'm 5'9"! So I actually lowered the windshield until the wind hit around my collar bone area. That way my head was in clean air, no helmet bobble etc., but the wind was off my chest. Did that for a long ride a year ago. Now the shield sits in the corner of my garage.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Im just playin with you guys....a quick release shield would be nice for these cool fall rides

dan

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
windshield????if its a bit windy wear a full face helmet. gives the neck muscles a work out. cold? put another layer on.:angeldev:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I like my windshield- its ugly- but I have some small leather bags there(windshield bags) and mostly it helps me go faster on those windy freeways we have out here. Seems to deflect the wind, but also holds the front end down- riding on solids I need all the help I can get when its windy. I found that with the windshield I can ride much faster than without it in windy conditions. I can pop it off for local stuff - but then I have to look at that ugly grey riser.............................UGLY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts