Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 07 VSCRD and would like some advice on a taller windshield than HD offers. Want similar height to a Road King. Added the pull back bars and changed the foot rests. I think the hold up on availability is the faring around the headlight. Perhaps a cut around that would do the trick, but if anyone has ideas, please comment. Thanks much!

·
EXCELSIOR
8,373 Posts
Changing headlamp styles would greatly increase the number of available windshields.
Switching to the oblong A style would mean some small wiring changes. There was the 05 B style which used your single bulb lamp with a Sportster type holding bracket which would be a direct swap but are hard to locate.

The Rifle option above is a good idea.

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
I'm on vacation right now but I have an HD sport windshield (not the short one) I was going to put up for sale when I got back. It's for the 02 used but great condition. I took it off when I bought it back in 09. You would have to swap your light to the "A" style or figure something else out to fit it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a great site, thanks I will buy one when I get the bike back form the dealer, changing out the bars to the reduced reach. Did you have to adjust the way the brackets sit on the bars at all to make the longer windshield sit "straighter"? The Mid Height 12" that is on it now, seems to come back fairly straight toward my face, so I am wondering if the 19" model will head toward my face too much? Thanks again for the reference to Rifle.com!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts