Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OldGoat
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a windshield that will work on the VRSCD besides the HD compact mid-sport 57861-06?

You would think with all the Harley aftermarket supplyers out there one would come up with something different.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Rifle has a replacement windshield that works great for me. You have to have the HD sport windshield hardware already to use with their shield. Just call the guy at www.rifle.com and he will make one as low and as high as you want. I had mine made much lower and it eliminates updraft which was giving me problems at high speeds. It will cost you less than $200 for a windshield that will provide you better comfort. I could not live without mine on the freeway. Pics in my gallery.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
I ended up getting a Rifle shield but the down side is you have to have the hardware already. So buy the HD one then spend another 100 on the rifle

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW I finally seem to have found a position with the factory shield that doesn't produce all that turbulence at the helmet. Trial and error paid off. Not great but a lot better than the first few heights and angles I tried.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got the Rifle then realised that UK dealers could not get the mounting kit. Very nice bloke at Harley of Dothan in AL took time out to look up all the individual parts, now on order.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts