Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...Try not to be to harsh on me...
Tell me what you think about this windscreen/flyscreen. I am still tweaking the mounting brackets a bit so it is not completely square yet and my paint guy is on vacation until next weekend. I had to trim the sides down to get it fit between the handle bars. Thanks Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Nice! Is it tall enough to do anything? Check my gallery - I did something similar. Joe

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bump! Looks good. Nice mirors.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
are those the stock mirrors just upside down and switched sides?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lol,i was just in garage yesterday cuttin handle bar risiers out of stainless steel and made a couple templates for a windscreen.Didnt like what i came up with,not what i had in my head.with the width of mounting it cant be very wide or tall and look right...urs looks good,would luv to have one.With risers the cluster connector is exposed to weather so a screen is a good idea.keep workin on it

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, this screen would do a great job of hiding cluster wires. Just as long as the risers you are making dont move the cluster too high.
I bought this screen from a guy on a Buell forum for cheap. I looked for weeks on ebay (hit and miss on prices and for what I was willing to pay for a gamble) and eventually went to the Buell dealer and bought a new one for $84 after being frustrated with ebay lol. So I will have two of them, figured I would just sell the new one on ebay when it arrives to try and recover some of the money. I got impatient waiting for the dealer to come in. It is taking over a month to arrive (ordered Sept. 22) and still not here. Just search under buell windscreen and you could eventually win one. They sell for $45-65 +shipping used. There is a company that makes an aftermarket one for $84 made of abs and another company that makes a fiberglasss one I think for $150. Plus there is always the stealership. Hardest part has been getting the item...
Thanks Mike

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are those the stock mirrors just upside down and switched sides?
Yes they are just switched and upside down. Have been a many a thread on this simple mod.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
real nice comment...sigh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts