Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy's think about this seat does it let some air flow through I live in tx so it get's hot in the summer.
Who got the best deal and from where. HD 52028-02

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:stupid: :kaz:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I like it. The boys ;) don't get slapped around from the flat stock seat anymore. :ride:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like mine too except that it rubs the frame near the airbox cover and leaves black marks that don't come off.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Great seat........so much more comfortable than the stock! (thats not saying much though!! LOL) It is a bit harder than the stock but once you break it in you'll love it!

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Since we're talking about seats... My wife now wants to ride with me on occasion but the stock seat is not comfortable enough.
What are your thoughts??? Should I go Sundowner w/ a backrest or go Corbin ????

Lenny

·
Registered
148 Posts
LENELSA said:
Since we're talking about seats... My wife now wants to ride with me on occasion but the stock seat is not comfortable enough.
What are your thoughts??? Should I go Sundowner w/ a backrest or go Corbin ????

Lenny
I'd hate to break it to ya but you should probably go road king. :laugh:
My wife rides and i refused to sacrifice the good looks so i went Badlander, bought a gelpad and away we go. :moon: her ass if now fine

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
No Air Flow, but the best mass produced custom seat available IMHO! Just make sure you leave that damn grabstap off!
Mike

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I took my grabstrap off as well, Mike - especially after you got flamed for it ;)
The custom seat rocks. I love it!

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Corbin or HD seat ????
Basically I'd want a removable passenger backrest. When I ride solo I
don't want my rod looking like a road king.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
russojerry said:
I'd hate to break it to ya but you should probably go road king. :laugh:
My wife rides and i refused to sacrifice the good looks so i went Badlander, bought a gelpad and away we go. :moon: her ass if now fine
Where do you get one of these gel-pads,and does it go into the seat itself or between the seat and the passenger??

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Corbin Duo Seat has removable backrests in various sizes and shapes.
A back rest can be installed behind the driver or passenger, or both if you have two backrests. I found that I don't need two of them, because it doesn't leave enough room between the driver and passenger (for me).
The front one is real easy to pop on and off with an allen wrench.
The rear backrest is removable by removing the single bolt that fastens the passenger seat to the bike so you can take it off the bike. You then remove one allen bolt that holds the back rest onto the bottom of the rear seat and reinstall the rear seat.
It's comfortable (not soft), well-made. But takes a couple of tools (although it's easy) to remove the rear backrest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts