Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to buy a Willie G. seat would a touring passenger pillion fit? I know it wouldn't look quite right but I would only put it on for longer trips when the wife is with me. And the Willie G still can be mounted with the baseplate, correct???

I've been thinking of buying a sundowner but I just don't like the look as much. And from what I've read the Willie G is better (comfort wise) than the stock seat :confused: and I figure I rode 450 miles in a day with the stock seat with no real problem so if it's even a little more comfortable it would be good with me, but the wife is demanding something very comfy for longer rides and I'm guessing the Willie G passenger pillion isn't all that comfy. So I'll also have the touring pillion to put on...if it will fit

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
umm the answer to that is no.. it wont fit..or it might but look damned silly

yes the baseplate fits with it.. i chose not to run one with it at the moment
you are better just trading between the sundowner and the willie g..

secondly even if it would fit why would you wanna frankenstein your bike like that !!? LOL

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3OliveMartini said:
umm the answer to that is no.. it wont fit..or it might but look damned silly

yes the baseplate fits with it.. i chose not to run one with it at the moment
you are better just trading between the sundowner and the willie g..

secondly even if it would fit why would you wanna frankenstein your bike like that !!? LOL
ok, have you ever had anyone or have you rode as a passenger with the willie g? and how is it compared to stock. From pictures the passenger pillion doesn't look much more comfy than the stock pillion.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I have the Willie G with the base plate and mini sissy bar. Honestly it doesnt look all that comfy for the passenger. Looks good on the bike though.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
IMHO the willie g is a pretty stiff seat compared to the stock or the sundowner and wasn't very comfortable on long rides, of course I have a boney A$$ though. I have a willie g & badlander & CVO seatand the CVO seat is definately the most comfortable of the seats that I have and even the passenger pad on the CVO is better than the stock seat as far as passenger comfort.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well damn! it seems I'm either gonna have to buy something other than the Willie G or buy two seats :hmm: (I need a better paying job)

I like the look of the willie but from what I'm reading my wife is going to hate it.

·
DeltaSS
173 Posts
I have the Wille G on mine, and once and a while the wife wants to ride with me rather than ride her own. I put the HD touring pad on, it is mismatched a little and does look odd, but then I change it out ASAP afterward....all is well....

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeltaSS said:
I have the Wille G on mine, and once and a while the wife wants to ride with me rather than ride her own. I put the HD touring pad on, it is mismatched a little and does look odd, but then I change it out ASAP afterward....all is well....
:chair: you don't have pictures in your gallery.

That's what I wanted to hear, I know it won't look right but who really see's it when somebody is sitting on it. I can always switch back when we get where we are going :thumb:

on my last bike I had a horrible seat for comfort but it looked great, on long trips I would put on the big ugly comfy seat and put my good looking seat in the truck (on long trips we most times have a truck and trailor follow) and would switch ASAP when arriving at the destination.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
The touring pad will fit on, but just look odd. But, as you said, who can see it. I run the touring pad against my Willie G. when needed. It does look out of place, but much more comfy.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking about buying both, but I am just a poor city worker so not sure if I can afford two :broke:

I think I'm going to have to put some stuff from past bikes on ebay to get some cash :D

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
yeah .. well good luck on finding a willie g.. i think if you are patient enough you can get a sundowner here for a decent price but the willie g you will be a little pressed to find one.. and when you do if you want it you best jump on it

·
Registered
60 Posts
willie g for sale on ebay

willie g seat for sale on ebay right now.
item 190160429858
I've already been out bid maybe someone else wants to pay the price.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mn03vrod said:
willie g seat for sale on ebay right now.
item 190160429858
I've already been out bid maybe someone else wants to pay the price.
:chair: I was hopeing that nobody else saw that one!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
not bloody likely vic but good luck bidding !!

that is actually a really good price at the moment .. if you can get it for less than 250 you will be doing well

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
lakedrunk said:
If I were to buy a Willie G. seat would a touring passenger pillion fit? I know it wouldn't look quite right but I would only put it on for longer trips when the wife is with me. And the Willie G still can be mounted with the baseplate, correct???
I use the touring pillion (with baseplate) with my Willie G -- its not a perfect fit, but I think it looks ok for a passenger seat -- you can adjust the grab strap to cover the gap.

My wife tells me its much more comfy. Its about a 3 minute swap to go back to the Willie G pillion. I found a touring pillion with a basket weave to match the Willie G's texture. Good investment if you occassionally haul a passenger.

Take care. cw.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts