Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered Confuser
828 Posts
First quarter sales were down almost 50% from last year, while every other HD bike catagory went up. I cant figure out why such a huge drop. What are the V-rod's compitition? Warrior, Vegas? Those sales have to be going somewhere. It would be a drag if the V fell by the wayside and really became the stepchild. Of course I would still love it. I just dont see how it cant be selling when everyone that sees mine says how great it looks, and as we all know the ride is awesome.

· Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Here's the clip from their quarterly report:

Motorcycle product mix:
1 Qtr 04 1 Qtr 03
Touring 21,404 18,488
Custom 34,039 34,313
VRSC 2,825 4,659
Sportster(R) 15,822 13,148
Total 74,090 70,608

Thats down 39% for the V. Sorry I said 50% at first. It was just a wag. But its still huge compaired to all the rest.
Here's the thread on the financials:
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4791

· Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Maybe it is just the cost of the bike. If it looks good, rides good and works good to but just isnt selling, then it must cost too much. Ill be very interested to see next quarters sales figures. For some reason I think they will be up, with the new colors and the 03's sold off. I remember reading that the 03's were over produced. So if the sales figures are for bikes sold to dealers, and dealers are still getting rid of 03s this year, that may explain slow first qtr sales for 04. The dealers didnt buy many 04s at the beginning of the year. But thats just my hairbrained theory.
On the bright side, we may all be owners of the rare and sought after V-Rod someday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.