Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to v-mod my 16ga pipes will the stg1 load be rich enuff for a short time till i can get to the dealership to flash to stock before loading new profile with the sert

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
The SERT over-writes the flash data. You should be ok until you get the SERT but I would not suggest running it in such a lean condition.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the sert already but wanted to go back to stock. As i have read of issues with the stg1 load and the sert writing over it.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
You should be ok untill you load a different MAP using the SERT.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Imdubious said:
i have the sert already but wanted to go back to stock. As i have read of issues with the stg1 load and the sert writing over it.
Once you use the SERT to load a map into your ecm,you will never be able to go back to stock map,unless you have the dealer do it for you.
Are you sure you wanna load stg1?Isn't there a map(stg2??) for the double barrel pipes,in the SERT?

Check thru the SERT map files thread,there might be a base map your you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DTHDOC said:
I think his ECM has already been flashed.
Thats correct it cam from the dealer 16ga, stg1 ecm,k&n filter
I want to drill the pipes and put a tune in using a sert i already own
just dont want to trailer the bike to to dealer to have is flashed back to ground zero then maped using my sert when i get it home. rather just ride it there detune it flash it in the parking lot and ride home. was wondering if it would be safe to drill the baffles drive it to the dealer a bit lean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts