Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dig the look of "dual" exhaust, would the muscle full exhaust fit the DX? That is if i can find a set...

Thanks...kevin

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't think this would be that tough...LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They moved the dipstick on the Muscle engines... the exhaust could probably be made to fit but you may not be able to check your oil

Hmmm, did not know that...

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
Tab makes a black set for the muscle maybe the reroute around the dipstick or heck who needs to check the oil LOL

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
NO, just swap out the clutch cover with a Muscle. Look in bagger section. Someone fitted a F system to a DX to make a roadrod. The muscle has a dipstick in the clutch cover. Fits - I have one on my R because the supercharger keeps me from getting to the dipstick. The dual (one on each side) looks good, but I doubt it is mechanically superior. You are better off with a 2 into 1 on one side. Joe

·
Registered
19 Posts
NO, just swap out the clutch cover with a Muscle. Look in bagger section. Someone fitted a F system to a DX to make a roadrod. The muscle has a dipstick in the clutch cover. Fits - I have one on my R because the supercharger keeps me from getting to the dipstick. The dual (one on each side) looks good, but I doubt it is mechanically superior. You are better off with a 2 into 1 on one side. Joe
Well, mechanical superiority is probably true, but I'm sure this modification would set the bike apart.

I actually just emailed the guys over at TAB to ask them. I'm planning on getting the exhaust/filter/tune at the dealership before I pick up my bike, and this is one of the things that I REALLY liked about the F.

Honestly, I can't see it being an issue. Performance wise, it's always something you can change down the road. And the dual exhaust does look fantastic. All in the eyes of the beholder I suppose.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Well, mechanical superiority is probably true, but I'm sure this modification would set the bike apart.

I actually just emailed the guys over at TAB to ask them. I'm planning on getting the exhaust/filter/tune at the dealership before I pick up my bike, and this is one of the things that I REALLY liked about the F.

Honestly, I can't see it being an issue. Performance wise, it's always something you can change down the road. And the dual exhaust does look fantastic. All in the eyes of the beholder I suppose.
I always wanted a mechanically superior exhaust.:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I honestly could care less about gaining any HP. I just like the look and the sound that comes from these pipes.

If I find a set, I will get them Blacked out....

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
I have a take-off set of muscle pipes complete - $200.00 plus shipping...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a take-off set of muscle pipes complete - $200.00 plus shipping...

Dang, your like 5 minutes too late... If my deal falls through I will let you know..

You don't have a muscle cover with the relocated dipstick by chance???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately the Muscle dual sided exhaust will not fit on the VRSCDX Night Rod Special bikes. They are configured entirely different. I am not saying that there's no way possible but there would have to be substantial modifications made along with having a complete stock Muscle exhaust from the engine back and all of the mounting hardware that the Muscle contains.

I would recommend stick with the right side exhaust on the VRSCDX however if you wanted to tackle converting it to the dual side exhaust then you could attempt doing so.

Thanks,

That's the email I've received from TAB. Not saying it's not doable, but my question is, what mounting hardware is on the F that's NOT on the DX?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The brackets and rear foot pegs are different but you should have the mounting holes for those items. The main changes are The exhaust stud location, if you have 2009 or later heads you have the head pre-drilled and tapped for either location, The oil dipstick which is a cover change and then the mounting brackets which you should have the mounting holes already done up as well. The muscle pipe does have a crossover so it is not really a straight true dual system as factory configured so power loss should be minimal if at all. I know the guys here are making the same numbers as the traditional exhaust bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts