Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with Cdn $ at 97 cents today to the US $.Will we see same prices as they r getting Stateside?

breaks my heart to see the prices of HD cycles just arcross the border in Port Huron, MI~ i paid way too much for my VRSCA in Newfoundland last summer~

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I'm sure we'll continue to get gouged. Look at books/magazines. We still pay the Canadian price printed on them even though we're almost at par. Hmmm, I wonder if we could just pay the American price if we paid in USD.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The added problem we have in Canada is the way the bikes are distributed

As far as I know, all HDs sold in Canada go through a distributor first (Deelay I think is the name) .. he tacks on his margin ... the dealer tacks on their margin and there you have the crazy price difference.

Unless HD changes the way bikes rae distributed in Canada (and they won't because the contract is in place), we will continue to get screwed

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,418 Posts
Newfie_V-Rod said:
with Cdn $ at 97 cents today to the US $.Will we see same prices as they r getting Stateside?
Don't think you will see any change in the pricing, but it is sure making it more affordable to buy a used bike in the States.:dance:

·
Freedom
614 Posts
And all the used bikes from the states go through Pat M :D

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
How much of the pricing in canada has to do with the moco and how much of it has to do with tax's and import fee's?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The same taxes have to be paid whether you buy a bike from the US or from a dealer in Canada (GST is not payable if the bike is purchased privately in Canada). The only import fee is the $211.00 VEHICLE IMPORT FORM 1 fee payable to Transport Canada at the time of importation. You do not have to pay the state tax if exporting it out of that state. I have bought 4 of my bikes from the US in the past 16 years and I know of several people up here that have recently bought bikes in the US and saved thousands of dollars by importing them to Canada. US dealers are not "allowed" to sell brand new bikes to foreigners, but they can sell a used bike (even with 10 miles on it) as long as it has been previously registered. As our $ has gone up over the past few years, the Canadian dealer prices have gone down, but are still a lot higher than the US MSRP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts