Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few people have put the 17" Buell wheels on VRSC models. I fellow locally has a pair of ST3 wheels for sale and wonder if anyone knows if they will fit. Also, I believe I read that a company called Eagle ? makes an adapter kit for them, anybody know the contact information for that company ?

Thanks,

John:notworth:

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I know a few people have put the 17" Buell wheels on VRSC models. I fellow locally has a pair of ST3 wheels for sale and wonder if anyone knows if they will fit. Also, I believe I read that a company called Eagle ? makes an adapter kit for them, anybody know the contact information for that company ?

Thanks,

John:notworth:
Are these the cast wheels or the spun aluminum Performance Machine Chicane wheels?

There is (was?) a company called Eagle HD that sold a kit to allow you to mount wheels from one of the Buell XB series bikes with ZTL brakes on a V-Rod. They had an adapter bracke to permit the Buell caliper to be mounted to a V-Rod fork leg.
The wheels you mention from the ST3 have a single 340 mm front rotor mounted to the wheel hub and a single 6-piston caliper. I think you will on your own mounting this set up to a V-Rod. I'm not so sure I want to rely on a single front disc on such a heavy motorcycle. You might find an HD or aftermarket 300 mm front rotor that bolts to the Buell wheel and run the stock dual discs in front, but offhand I don't know if the rotor bolt patters used by Buell on that wheel match any used by Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes you can. A form member from Indiana sold a bike with them on. Thet looked great. Not sure who it was. member builds great motors. I think VR28 did this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts