Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking.. will any of the 2002 to 2006 alu wheels off any of the v rod like vrscd or vrsca and so on fit on a 2006 street rod?? and to take off the rear wheel of a street rod.what size are the to big nuts on the axle??????

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
search function is your friend

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
Yes they will fit, on the'02-'04 rear wheel you will need to change the right side wheel bearing. Don't know the size off the nut I use a LARGE cresent wrench.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
36mm across the flats.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Wheels are not the problem, make sure you have the correct rotor with the Brembo brakes.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
R's use a 300 mm X 7 mm thick rear brake rotor. Earlier V-Rods with Kelsey Hayes brakes use a 292 mm X 7 mm thick rotor. You will have to change rear rotors if you use an earlier wheel. I wasn't aware of a difference in rear wheel bearings up through 2007. It was 2008 when the bearings changed for the 25 mm axle, but please correct me if I'm wrong on this. The 2006 Screaming Eagle V-Rod had a weird rear set up with a 7/8 inch wide belt so that one bike is unique.

Pulley sizes are different for the 240 rear tire bikes, but all the 180 rear tire bikes use the same rear pulley size, differing only in the finish, black or silver. Inner pulley bowls are all the same for the 180 tire bikes.

You're not going to put a disc wheel on the back of an R are you? Oh man, this might call for an intervention!

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
it takes 2 of the western boys to spell and still do not have it right...

Oh I am sorry I need to speak the western talk....

Grunt ...grunt...splash...grunt....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wheels did fit

Ok I had to change the rotors to the ones that came on the bike.but the bearing was the sames..They look gooooood...there a buffed out:moped:

·
Another Aussie
91 Posts
Ok I had to change the rotors to the ones that came on the bike.but the bearing was the sames..They look gooooood...there a buffed out:moped:
I just wonder why you decided to put a solid disc wheel on the back of an "R"? Are you trying for an "A" or "B" lookalike?:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts