Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a set of 10 spoke wheels and was just wondering if the wheels will fit my 02 and if the components ( brake rotors and cals) will work as well. thanks

·
Who Wants A Beer?
598 Posts
The only problem I see is the rear caliper will not fit. The 06 has the 1" axle were as the 02 tapers to 7/8". I guess you are using the 02 caliper? If so then there should not be a problem.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
You can use the late model caliper on the early axle with a 3/4 X 1 bushing. Have it made at any machine shop. Be aware that the '06 has Brembo brakes vs. the HDs on the '02...I don't know what else you may have to change.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
vroder said:
You can use the late model caliper on the early axle with a 3/4 X 1 bushing. Have it made at any machine shop. Be aware that the '06 has Brembo brakes vs. the HDs on the '02...I don't know what else you may have to change.

Master cylinder.

·
Registered
298 Posts
leonmark said:
I am about to purchase a set of 10 spoke wheels and was just wondering if the wheels will fit my 02 and if the components ( brake rotors and cals) will work as well. thanks
The wheels will fit, I know I just made to same conversion. You have to swap your rotors from the old wheels to the new ones, other than that every thing else works.

Check My Gallery!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts