Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Youngster
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike has won several shows in the Houston area...I havent taken it to any big shows...I have caught the nightrod fever and am looking to switch rides...sticker on this bad boy was over $60k...

I would be willing to consider trades for other bikes + cash or other things of similar value. I would really like to trade for a 2007 or newer Nightrod + cash.

2006 Vigilante Gunfire

Miles: ~3200 (I still ride it so this will change)

Specs:

ENGINE:S&S - 111ci roller rocker arms, forged pistons, chrome rocker covers, billet oil
pump, compression release, and fully polished engine finish, Super G
carburetor
TRANSMISSION:Jims - 6-speed, Right-Side Drive with outboard bearing support and pressurized
oiling
PRIMARY:Chrome inner primary, chrome outer primary, double row Belt drive
TIRES:Rear - Metzeler - 300/35VR x18
Front - Metzeler - 120/70 x 21
EXHAUST: Custom Vance Hinez Slash Pipes
PAINT:Custom White paint job with shades of grey ghost flames Frame - matched powder coat
OPTIONS: Blue LEDs installed through out the bike with remote control

Let me know if you would like to come see it or have any questions. I will consider all offers but I am in no hurry to get rid of this bike. But keep in mind the stock model of this bike bluebooks at $27k and this one has an additional $5-6k invested in custom work...

Attachments

·
Youngster
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA yeah I figured you were on this board somewhere...

I remember all the batrod posts as well...

I love the gunfire but i have always wanted one of the German No Limit Custom V-Rods...I figured I would post this and see if I can start my project of building my own.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
HAHA yeah I figured you were on this board somewhere...

I remember all the batrod posts as well...

I love the gunfire but i have always wanted one of the German No Limit Custom V-Rods...I figured I would post this and see if I can start my project of building my own.
theres a german dude on here selling a body kit 2500!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man I meet a guy at a run that that had a custom 2008 nrs vrod. Said he had 5000 in it. Im like no .... . Said he picked it up wrecked and replced the forks and minor body work. the deals are out there keep yor custom thats a nice bike

·
Youngster
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I meet a guy at a run that that had a custom 2008 nrs vrod. Said he had 5000 in it. Im like no .... . Said he picked it up wrecked and replced the forks and minor body work. the deals are out there keep yor custom thats a nice bike
Yeah...BUT I am married...and with all i want to do once i get a night rod...i wont be able to justify the thousands ill be spending on custimization and keeping this bike...

·
Youngster
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys....I need some opinions here:

I have a dealer offering 21k trade value....so basically a used 2008 NRS (Click here to see the bike!) + $6000 or there abouts....what do you guys think? I would be paying for shipping both ways (my bike there and the NRS back to me) around 800 bux im guessing...

so the NRS + $5k when you subtract the shipping...the NRS has over 10k miles and it has ABS but apprears to be stock...he is supposed to be sending more pics...what do you guys think? Do it? or wait for a local/better deal? I would be loosing quite a bit but its the best offer I have gotten so far...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys....I need some opinions here:

I have a dealer offering 21k trade value....so basically a used 2008 NRS (Click here to see the bike!) + $6000 or there abouts....what do you guys think? I would be paying for shipping both ways (my bike there and the NRS back to me) around 800 bux im guessing...

so the NRS + $5k when you subtract the shipping...the NRS has over 10k miles and it has ABS but apprears to be stock...he is supposed to be sending more pics...what do you guys think? Do it? or wait for a local/better deal? I would be loosing quite a bit but its the best offer I have gotten so far...[/QUOT
Wow... I dont know I know bigdogs , Ironhorses ect lose resale value faster than than Harleys maybe because they cost so much to begin with. Sounds a little high for the NRS but its from a dealer. Seems I seen a 2009 w/5000mi. go for 13000 recently but was a motivated seller. I would contact maybe the people you will be doing business with on the NRS. there's Zeel Design . Ricks haus and No LImit Custom in Germany. Pehaps they can help you recoup money lost in the gunfire build. They just love American customs overseas. Good Luck hope you keep this theard alive like to see where you go with this project Jeff K.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I remember when you got this on the Motohouston forums
You guys are on Motohouston? Scootertrash on there is a great friend of mine. I've also bounced on and off of that forum.

Back to the regularly scheduled program...

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
yeah me and morvegil are....

kswiss2301 is my sn on there...been on that site basically since it started in 2004-2005
I think mine is TxVrod... I haven't been on there in a long time

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
Going to be a tuff sale... I had a 35K custom with trick fuel system, double clutch, 300 rear, special perimeter breaking, and all it was pulling was 17k. Only going to get worse on customs.

Bump for you on a pretty bike though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.