Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I do the Willy G seat with the back rest what do you guy's think will it be more comfortable for the wife. If she is not happy there is a good chance I won't be happy. lol :sinister: :sinister: :sinister:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
No, the rear portion of the Willie G. isn't any better than stock.

2 HD options:

1. Add the touring passenger pillion, it's cheap and works almost as well as option 2
2. Buy the Sundowner seat.

Both seats will benefit from the backrest but for some it makes the passenger sit too far forward (depends on the size of the wife ;) )

There's also the Corbin option ($$$$$$$$$) and the Mustang seat :barf:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank goodness she is small 5'4" 130 pounds don't get me wrong big girls need love too you just have to pick them up in the truck. lol lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
My wife complains more about her knees getting cramped.I'll gonna turn the mounts around.That'll give her more reach.she's got long legs :D ;)
Another thing is to get a louder exhaust so you can't hear her. :slap:

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
The Sundowner seat is alot better then stock and you wife will like it. The Sundowner is alittle wider then stock so that helps also.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mattj said:
The Sundowner seat is alot better then stock and you wife will like it. The Sundowner is alittle wider then stock so that helps also.
If you run the sundowner do you leave the back seat on all the time if you put the stock back seat on for single riding does it look ok

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. The Sundowner is so comfortable I've never even considered swapping back to the stock seat.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Sundowner is the only way to go... I put it on and also added the touring backrest.

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I use the Corbin Hollywood Solo and for my butt it is quite comfy. Fairly good passenger padding too on the pillion. It is a bit firmer than the Sundowner. The Sundowner is more comfortable but I like the look of the Corbin better.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
runit1971 said:
If you run the sundowner do you leave the back seat on all the time if you put the stock back seat on for single riding does it look ok
I have the Sundowner for my wife & she says it's a LOT better than the stock seat :D I usually take the entire seat set off when I'm riding by myself, only takes 3 minutes to change. You can also switch just the front or back if you want, it may look a little odd to some people though. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
We have the option of putting together a Group Buy on V-Rod wives.
May be only slightly more $$ but an alternate solution.
If only I can find the source...

PS. My V-Rod wife like the Corbin Duo Touring seat. Nice big backrest (comes either 10" or 12" wide - your choice)

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
passenger seat was the first thing I changed, and that was within the first month. G/F did NOT like the seat. I had a custom done at Psycho seat company. The origianl estimate to make the passnger seat rideable was $150, that included the gel insert. By the time I was done, we had leather, custom embroidery, high density foam and gel inserts for the whole thing. $450.
It is visible here.... http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3542

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sundowner w/ backrest, and luggage rack. Haven't even looked at my stock seat. You won't be sorry!

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
We tried the optional passenger pillion with sissy bar & back rest first. It is way better than the stock passenger seat, but my wife tended to slide foward into her jeans since the optional pillion tilts forward slightly & the rear pegs are so high & close she couldn't push back easily. Then we got the Sundowner & love it. The passenger seat on the Sundowner tilts slightly toward the rear, & we added Kury-Akin (sp?) rear peg extensions to stretch her legs out a little. This combination has been a winner, & I like my half of the Sundowner seat too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
More Comfortable Seat

My wife also was not happy with the seat on the V-Rod or passenger footrests.

I have the Mustang Touring seat and CycleVision passenger footrest coming. I guarantee this will improve her overall comfort on the V-Rod~~~!

Tigerman

·
Launch Em High
82 Posts
TigermanVrod said:
My wife also was not happy with the seat on the V-Rod or passenger footrests.

I have the Mustang Touring seat and CycleVision passenger footrest coming. I guarantee this will improve her overall comfort on the V-Rod~~~!

Tigerman
I have the Mustang seat.. great improvement.. also gives a bit more height in seating for the rider..
I also updated my back rest with better foam, and raised it up about 2 inches for the passenger...
:welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hvrod said:
I have the Mustang seat.. great improvement.. also gives a bit more height in seating for the rider..
I also updated my back rest with better foam, and raised it up about 2 inches for the passenger...
:welcome:
Thanks for the info~~~!

Your the first I've spoken too that has gone to the Mustang seat~~!

How did you higher the backrest?? :cheers:

·
Launch Em High
82 Posts
TigermanVrod said:
Thanks for the info~~~!

Your the first I've spoken too that has gone to the Mustang seat~~!

How did you higher the backrest?? :cheers:

Took it apart, removed the stock foam from the plastic mold..
Took the plastic mold and outlined it on high quality dense wood..
made the fastner hole pattern higher up..
Added new softer foam, assemble back together,
:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Cyclevision passenger relocation footrests coming. Has anyone installed these footrests that are located on the swingarm pivot????

We tested out the stretch and there is no comparison to anything else on the market for the passenger~~!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts