Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
If you find a tyre that is Z rated that works, let us (especially me) know.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Yeah, seems liek handling would go to hell!

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Can anyone verify a 140 will work on a 18" diameter front rim with stock fender?....im thinking of changing my front rim order from stock 19x3 to a 18 x 3.5 and then going with a 140 metz....

cheatin....is your tire H rated only???....I assume you HAD TO REMOVE your front fender for that 160 right?...you think a 140 will go with fender?..id like to keep front fender i think for now.

Dan

Already covered this in post 5 and 6

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Ok guys...after some research i CANNOT find any tire that is rated over an H rating for 140 tire front.

the other issue im worried about now is ALL THE 140s i find(metzeler brand)...are BIAS ply...and i do NOT see a RADIAL in 140.....i am not sure this is a good thing to match a bias on front to a radial on back....

anyone?????....lets here your thoughts....cheatin,is your bias?....

Dan

·
Rocket Bro No 2
48 Posts
Ok guys...after some research i CANNOT find any tire that is rated over an H rating for 140 tire front.

the other issue im worried about now is ALL THE 140s i find(metzeler brand)...are BIAS ply...and i do NOT see a RADIAL in 140.....i am not sure this is a good thing to match a bias on front to a radial on back....

anyone?????....lets here your thoughts....cheatin,is your bias?....

Dan
Dan,
Definitely NOT a good idea to mix bias ply and radial ply tires--on any vehicle--sidewall flex and all is totally different--could adversely affect handling. My $.02
Ed

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Dan,
Definitely NOT a good idea to mix bias ply and radial ply tires--on any vehicle--sidewall flex and all is totally different--could adversely affect handling. My $.02
Ed
exactly my thoughts....and noone seems to make the 140 in a radial....cheatin is 160 so he used a rear tire but no 140s in radial...damn.

guess ill just keep stock size upfront.

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
if I find on ill tell ya

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Before I made my first post I searched around to see if anyone else had done this.

I found one or two fairly old posts so thought that it might be a bit of an unpopular/unusual mod to want to do. Seems from this response that there are more people interested in looking into this than I thought.

·
Registered
583 Posts
130 mm would be a respectable size on a DX front rim in order to keep it balanced w/rear 250mm and keep the stock front fender.
Then again that trike(small pix) is very cool.If the doctor rules me disabled or handicapped next week,I'll apply for the special handicap plate and mod one of my DX'z in that fashion.
has anyone found out if you can fit a 130 on the front rim?
i know the fatbob has a 130 on the front and i like the way it looks but not sure the size of rim

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
i know the fatbob has a 130 on the front and i like the way it looks but not sure the size of rim
yes they do make a 130/60 VR 18 from metz.....it will fit under front FENDER but you need to go 18" rim....this is another thing i was considering....but i want to go 140/18.....but that is only available in a BIAS ply....

Dan

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Yes, I ran the 130 before I ran the 160, it fits under no sweat. I also wears out really quick too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Really interested in this. Does anyone know what will fit nicely on the stock rim with the fender still on. I didn't see a conclusion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys! Allready doing 240 conversion rear tyre. Works fine and looks good. Now my plan is but the originaly rear rim to front. my bike Vrca 2003. 160/60/18 is this set up works? What about brake galipers ect ect. fit? Winter is long in Finland =)

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts