Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've heard Y'all talk about throwing a 200 on the rear with no problem. I've seen advertisements for 240 and up with the complete swingarm change. Can I get anything between a 200 and a 240 with just a few mods or not?

JMAN OUT!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
JMAN, from the research I have done and from the guys here that have done it, you can run up to a 240 in the stock swingarm without changing anything but the tire/rim and rear fender. The rear runs slightly out of line but it is minimal and doesn't seem to cause any damage. You can check out CustomWorks or Breathless Performance or Eurocomponents for a lot of these products. I'm pretty sure all 3 are out of Florida. I have done business with Custom Works and they have been great. No experience with the others but there is a lot of info on the site.

Welcome BTW to the best site you are gonna find. Good luck with what you do, I plan on doing it this summer, as long as the wife doesn't see the stuff arrive. :diablo:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Eurocomponents has a 250 kit that will allow you to keep the original rear fender.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
speed point will widen the stock rim to run a wider tire that runs center.
Just a question, but if the rim is widened wouldn't that put the rear pulley out of alignment thus causing you to compensate the front pulley. Which I guess doesn't make the rim run out center. But then I run into the problem of how does my 240 rim (Rick's) run out of center, but if you take the oem rim and widen it to a 240 it stays in center. I am seriously puzzled. :hmm:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Hey nick, they compansate the pulley with spacers.I am not sure why the Ricks wheel is offset. IS the offset made into the wheel? (Has never seen Ricks wheels upclose).
That is a good question.
Does'nt the Rick wheel stick out more on the pulley side?

·
Registered
204 Posts
250 Eurocomponants rule!!!!!!!!!!!

See pic's under fredfryguy in the gallery. I love it and it handles well! good luck, fredfryguy :D :cheers:

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
jcolodny said:
Avon makes a 210 tire, but with a higher profile (goodbye saddlebag supports).
Are the saddle bag supports the part I'm about to cut off the "dogs *ss"? Would I have to do any thing else to run a 210?

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Mustrick....You will get better handling with the Metz 200 than with the Avon 210. I looked at both and went with the 200. The Avon is made for a rim about 3/4 inch wider than the V-rod (however it will fit). The saddlebag supports are the metal tabs that extend down when you look at it with the outer fender off. I also had do some trimming on the belt guards (but others didn't).

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
jcolodny said:
Mustrick....You will get better handling with the Metz 200 than with the Avon 210. I looked at both and went with the 200. The Avon is made for a rim about 3/4 inch wider than the V-rod (however it will fit). The saddlebag supports are the metal tabs that extend down when you look at it with the outer fender off. I also had do some trimming on the belt guards (but others didn't).

Thanks, I was planning on going with the metz 200 but when it comes to tires bigger usually looks better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts