Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
jlbait said:
Check this out,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=34284&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

Looks like a scam. Dosen't even list the size. I see he's got some bidders!
I emailed the company on the item and it is from salvage and in rough condition with many of the parts missing. They didnt have any other information on the item as they are a salvage yard not a bike shop and know nothing about bike parts. If it was good it would be awesome but yes it is a real risk.
James

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you want a wide tire kit. A local shop here is installing a 240's in a factory swing arm. They're tricking out a few nice vrod's.

·
Registered
150 Posts
dereck said:
mtbtreker, which dealership :hyper:

I'll be moving your way later this summer

Local custom bike shop. PPM over on Montgomery St and 61st. Tony own's the shop. Nice guy lives down the street. Don't have a phone book here. I'll look up there # when I get to the house.

912-447-1038

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well, its dangerous, but not a scam, the seller does say that what you see is what you get, of course what you don't see and don't get is like you said- no size info, no swingarm, fender or all the other hardware to make this happen. That wheel could be made in pakistan and will fit no known tires in the western world.
caveat friggin' emptor- buyer beware!

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
somebody bought it.Auction ended

·
Registered
128 Posts
I could have bought it and was high bidder but was unwilling to risk morethan f500 on a pair of wheels from a salvage yard with high chance of being untrue. Also it was misleading as the picture showed a few spacers and either one of the same wheels twice or two wheels. If it was the Eurocomponents wheels and there was a front and back in good condition it was a good deal but the risk factor was too high...
JAmes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts