Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking on doing something like what Rick's offers.

I am worried about street performance though.

Cornering, weight, traction, looks, drveability, comfort, time, all come to mind.

What do you gain? What do you loose?

Would like to be well informed before sending it to the shop for I don't know how long.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's like every thing in life you can't have the best of both worlds.

A wide tyre like a 240 or bigger looks really good but it will not turn into the corners as easy as 180. I think the 200 Metz is probably a good compromise and I will try this when my tire needs changing.The guy at my local Harley dealer rekons that their V-rod with a 280 Ricks conversion corners better than stock. I think this is :bs:
If this is true then why don't GP bikes run 280 rears?

What kind of riding do you do and do want looks or outright performance? :cheers:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ed Dog!
I ride my 240 Very Agressively"When Not Drag Racing"!As SOMEONE WHO KNOWS you will be very Happy with the Way it handles.It might take a FEW days to adjust but the benefits"Looks dept" far out wiegh any Loss!Please inless You have a 240 and have put Miles"More the a Few"You really Don't Know what your Talking about and just going off of Hear Say! :bs: Come to Vegas and I'll let ya Test Ride Mine before you do Eddie! :kaz: I'm sure You'll Love it! :twisted:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Kaz,
I already have a 240 setup and love it! But I would love to come to Vegas and test ride your ROCKET!
Take Care
Kev

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
RVROD said:
Kaz,
I already have a 240 setup and love it! But I would love to come to Vegas and test ride your ROCKET!
Take Care
Kev
I bet You Would! :sinister: ;) :kaz:

·
Registered
187 Posts
So, can anyone recommend a particular vendor for the 240 conversion. I've seen one but if I can recall, to use the stock swingarm required a wheel with a small offset from center? For those that have it, who did you go with and are you using the stock swingarm?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rmyers said:
So, can anyone recommend a particular vendor for the 240 conversion. I've seen one but if I can recall, to use the stock swingarm required a wheel with a small offset from center? For those that have it, who did you go with and are you using the stock swingarm?
www.ricks-motorcycles.com that what I have and it's the Best and Most Expensive! :angeldev: Tell Rick I sent ya! :kaz:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kaz

Hear what your saying and you've got to listen to the voice of experience! I have no first hand knowelege of running a 240 rear tire and it's good to hear that there is no real disadvantage in the handling department. The stock 180 tire performes really well and the only limitation are the bits of the bike that ground out on the road.

We've got so many tight corners over here in the UK that we all put "RAD WELD" in our cooling systems systems just in case!

I still think that the guy who told me a 280 cornered better is talking :bs:

Guess there's only one way to find out :sinister:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will it add much weight to the bike?

If I could I would go down to Vegas.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
eduarprmd said:
Will it add much weight to the bike?

If I could I would go down to Vegas.
Theres allot More Rubber thats for sure .I never weighed Stock with me on it.With all my Mods and me it weighted 735lbs"with out my NOS System. :diablo: My bike I think it ALLOT lighter then Stock.I'm about 165lbs with Full Racing Gear on so the means the bike with a 1/4 tank weight 570lbs! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kaz,
How's the handling in the tight corners, ie canyon roads? I'm currently running the stock 180 with a lowered shocks(1") and I'm dragging pipes, pegs, etc. I'm looking to make the switch to the 240, like the look a lot but want performance as well, particularly cornering. What size wheel you running up front?
Milt

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
miltpb said:
Kaz,
How's the handling in the tight corners, ie canyon roads? I'm currently running the stock 180 with a lowered shocks(1") and I'm dragging pipes, pegs, etc. I'm looking to make the switch to the 240, like the look a lot but want performance as well, particularly cornering. What size wheel you running up front?
Milt
Your Close Come to town on your Bike and I'll take ya for a Follow along and You Be the Judge! :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts