Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Manhorse said:
I rode a Max for 8 years. Have had 3 V-Rods and will never go back. Sure you are giving away straight speed but lets face it. You are gaining much more. :cheers:
No doubt.... Bought the V and never looked back...

My post is only in amazement (and respect) to see for myself of how fast it actually is... I mean I'm wide open and guy passes me like I'm like i'm sitting on 4 flashers...

I would have expect that on a 1/4 mile run but never from a rolling start at highway speed...

·
RICK
648 Posts
In most of the power cruiser comparisons, the Vmax is the only one that beats the vrods, and I think by over a 1/2 second in the quarter mile. Put a turbo on yours and go find him again!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
RNTRACING said:
In most of the power cruiser comparisons, the Vmax is the only one that beats the vrods, and I think by over a 1/2 second in the quarter mile. Put a turbo on yours and go find him again!
I seem to recall one of the motorcycle magazine testing a V-Max a long time ago and it ran somewhere in the neighborhood of 10.3-10.5 in the 1/4. Might have been closer to a high 10, but either way that is f##king fast!!

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes but I could also buy a V-Max for the price of that turbo... :D

Seriously, a turbo would be awsome but :broke:

I remenber when I first got the bike last year, I was overwhelmed with the power rhinking "I'll never see the end of that throttle..."

Now all I can think is "That's all you got for me?"

Goes to say, there is only one first time...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts