Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... And got smoked! :D

Man these bikes are fast!!!

It wasn't a stop and go type of deal, we went at it on section of freeway with speeds ranging between 130 and 190 km/h....

It's a section of freeway with short straightaways that would not allow to reach top speed with a lot of high speed curves.

I always had a small advantage out of the curves and opening full throtlle I always seemed to get away until he passed me every time and with considerable speed difference...

I could not catch him and he was getting away everytime, until the next curve where i could catch up and regain the advantage.

I'm just wondering if had any mods on his bike, coz he was really flying!

Anyways, it was a lot fun! :dance:

P.s: it was 1 am, and the freeway was really deserted, not even the popo in sight

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
laconia76 said:
Midnight craving for "Pete's smoked meat" ?
You bet... Couldn't sleep last night, just thinking about it :angeldev:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Those bikes are ridiculously fast!! It'll take a lot of $$$ to be able to keep with one of those stock.

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ridiculous would really qualify the difference in performance... I knew they were fast, but man I could not imagine that much difference...

I know my V is not a race bike... But it always comes down to a little something called testoterone...

Anyways, it was all in good fun

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Irréductible said:
Ridiculous would really qualify the difference in performance... I knew they were fast, but man I could not imagine that much difference...

I know my V is not a race bike... But it always comes down to a little something called testoterone...

Anyways, it was all in good fun
Sometimes its good to get beat. Keeps you grounded.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,171 Posts
I will have always like the V-Max. My V-Rod is now faster in the 1/4 mile than my V-Max was (with me as the rider :)) but I have a turbo.

The guy you raced probably still had bias tires, I changed the rims on my V-Max so I could go to radials, after that could lean a lot more...

http://silenceisdefeat.org/~dmlkm/bike/max/DSC01566.JPG

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
RicoSuave said:
You cannot beat him without gas, or forced induction! :deal:
Hey, those DMX motors will get 140 hp with a race tuner and a good tune. Send it on down and you will be rocking Vmax's all day!:angeldev:

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was definetely slower than me in the curves, rider or bike itself (both?)... And I wasn't even pushing that hard in the curves, it was late and cold and I'm quite simply not looking to kill myself anytime soon.

Like metallica said, I try keep myself grounded...

I have to admit that the V-Max is the bike I wanted forever... Ever since I was a teenager. Mas respect for that machine!

But that was until I fell in love with the Rod

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,171 Posts
Irréductible said:
He was definetely slower than me in the curves, rider or bike itself (both?)... And I wasn't even pushing that hard in the curves, it was late and cold and I'm quite simply not looking to kill myself anytime soon.

Like metallica said, I try keep myself grounded...

I have to admit that the V-Max is the bike I wanted forever... Ever since I was a teenager. Mas respect for that machine!

But that was until I fell in love with the Rod
I know what you mean, I'm torn between the 2 but picked the V-Rod after having the max. For me it was really uncomfortable and I didn't trust it as much for reliability.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
vrodderD said:
Hey, those DMX motors will get 140 hp with a race tuner and a good tune. Send it on down and you will be rocking Vmax's all day!:angeldev:
How did I know DMX would pollute this thread.:laugh:

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Huh??? DMX??

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Irréductible said:
Huh??? DMX??
Do you really want to know what DMX is... Got an hour or so to kill??:D

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Biker Bill said:
Do you really want to know what DMX is... Got an hour or so to kill??:D
LOL... Ok I get it... that means use the freakin search button... I'm a lazy bastard, what can you do!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Irréductible said:
LOL... Ok I get it... that means use the freakin search button... I'm a lazy bastard, what can you do!!
I made a promise to the forums to never tell someone to do a search. I thought you might of seen the thread on the main page. This guy claims to have a 380hp VR...

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75867

Takes an hour start to finish to read... have fun:D

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK it gets worse, I just noticed a thread about DMX that has been sitting on the home page all along... right in my face! :hidesbeh:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Irréductible said:
OK it gets worse, I just noticed a thread about DMX that has been sitting on the home page all along... right in my face! :hidesbeh:
:thumb:

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok BikerBILL,

Now I get it! Was missing some background on that one... I'm only halfway thru that thread but I'm laughing my *SS off so hard..

Think we have a rare specimen of :

Attachments

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I rode a Max for 8 years. Have had 3 V-Rods and will never go back. Sure you are giving away straight speed but lets face it. You are gaining much more. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts