Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading about the Mothers Billet polish. If you like that one, try WICKED, in a yeallow bottle with a black label. Polish the rims up with Mothers, then hit them with wicked, and rub like crazy. It takes about an hour or so to do both rims, but you'll be amazed.

Then touch them up every now and then. There is a big difference in WICKED and MOTHERS, as the shine from WICKED looks like the've been highly polished.

Not sure where you'll find this stuff at your location, but in Hawaii the import automotive parts stores sell it here. The other polish for the paint or anodized surfaces is RACE GLAZE. That is some good stuff too. When water hits the RACE GLAZED surfaces, it runs right off. If you race glaze a hood on the car, one side, and do the other with another leading brand, slide the cloth across the hood, and watch which one causes the cloth to not slide.

Rich

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

Thanks for leaving the link for others,

Rich

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
How does Wicked and Mother's Billett polish compare to Mother's Aluminum (mag) polish? My store only had the aluminum polish, but it worked pretty well on the wheels.
- Crash

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
The Mother's Billet is 10X better than the standard Mothers aluminum polish. I have no experience with the Wicked stuff.

John

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The difference I found with WICKED and MOTHERS is that WICKED does not leave a "cloud" on the stock V-Rod rims. What I mean by the cloud, looked at after polishing a haze can be seen on places with the right light. I think the haze is from part of the polish residue left.

WICKED does not leave the cloud, and makes the finish look like it was chromed. the WICKED is more of an aquious solution, where the MOTHERS is a paste. USe of the WICKED seems to take less to do the job too.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Something to try........after polishing the aluminum surface, take some common household flour and rub that onto the surface with a rag. It will remove the cloud you see and all of the black residue.

Try it, it really works.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
MR_KING said:
Something to try........after polishing the aluminum surface, take some common household flour and rub that onto the surface with a rag. It will remove the cloud you see and all of the black residue.

Try it, it really works.
Mr King ....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this tip.
For some reason I only read this a couple of weeks ago and as I'd just polished the wheels I've been waiting to try it out.
FANTASTIC - what a labour saver. I wish I'd known about it years ago.

Oh and I didn't have any ordinary wheat flour in ... but it works with rice flour - even on a Harley:D

Christine

PS I have VERY shiny wheels now

·
Come back Max
435 Posts
MR_KING said:

Try it, it really works.
:thumb: That's a nice little nugget of info. Cheers. :thumb:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks really interesting, especially since I have water spots to remove, and was dreading having to polish the wheels again.
As usual, the company doesn't ship outside the US. :hmm:

Best wishes everyone.

Ken
:ride:

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
About to polish my rims for the first time (i know, slack ass) - good tip. Got the Mothers Billet Polish - I will ask about Wicked.

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Hey Karl,

If you find any in Oz, let us know please. Although right now im pretty happy with the Mothers Billet, but the $40 price stung a little.

regs

Smasha

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Where did you get it? I have had to get AutoBarn to buy it in. They only had the Alloy and Mag stuff. My dealer was out of stock and no idea when they were getting more (wtf is with that?). I haven't asked re mprice yet. When they call me I will ask them about Wicked Metal Polish as well. I thgink SupaCheap stock it though?

Da-Smasha said:
Hey Karl,

If you find any in Oz, let us know please. Although right now im pretty happy with the Mothers Billet, but the $40 price stung a little.

regs

Smasha

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Karl,

Got it thru local Auto-One store, but they had to order it in too. Virtually every shop i tried over here had never heard of it, they tried to sell me the Mag and Aluminium polish.

The Australian importer for Mothers is in Canberra, i think their called Command or something similar. If you go to the Mothers website, then the Australian link, their details are on there.

Smasha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts