Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John,
it's your Baby get the Ball rolling!Did I scare everyone off with mine?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SORRY!:(

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
As soon as I have mine I'll post them. The bike is at the dealer as we speak getting fine tuned. The dealer wanted a couple of days to spend some quality time with the bike :) He's been tuning Harley's with the Race Tuner for over a year but I think this is his first V-Rod. His reputation in the area is stellar and he's only charging me for the actual time he spends. Rather than abuse the bike he's taking it slow. I like his attitude, not rushing things. Like I said in an earlier post, if he's half as good as his reputation I should have some Strong numbers to post. (not in Kaz's league though ;))

I Should have the bike and results Late Friday or early Saturday.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have only had mine dynoed once so far and not sure what I did with the sheet but when I find it I'm going to rub my 110hp in your face LOL.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please don't Scare me like that!:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I can't find mine, but I can give you the highlights. 117.9 rwhp @ 8500 rpm and 79.6 ft lbs @ 7800 rpm. 68 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm. Normally aspirated and PROUD of it.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prove it!:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your dyno #'s!;)

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Don't laugh at mine because I'm proud of what I'm getting for how much $$$ I've put into her. Someday I hope to be talking higher H.P. because of all my mod's and time on the Dyno but for now I've got stock V-Mod's and K&N Air Filter. I'm saving up for the RT and the dyno time. Who knows . . . maybe this spring.

Attachments

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
If he's done the V-Mods and SE Air Filter without any reprogram, PCIIIr or Techlusion (from his post that looks to be the case) then that's what happens when the bike goes lean and that's exactly where I would expect it based on the stock factory ECM program. He needs something to help out, the SE flash for the Slip ons would be my suggestion.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you sure it's a Lean and Not a Rich condition?:cool:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I'm thinking lean and the bike is sensing detonation and retarding the timing. The stock ecm does not have enough fuel for his setup and is real lean in the lower/midrange for emissions.

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
You know, I had gotten kinda used to driving in a certain way to avoid the hitch and then I realized, "What the crap am I doing? This bike was made to be a rocket. I ponied up the dough for the bike, I sure can find some money to get this right." I mean don't get me wrong, it still runs good but if you get on the throttle it kinda skips a beat.

The following map shows the rich and lean conditions that mjw930 was speaking about. It was taken on the same dyno run as my hp vs. torque curve in my previous post.

Let this be a lesson to all of you out there who try to run with new exhaust and air-cleaner without adjusting your map.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My mistake I thought it was tuned already not the stock tune!:hmm:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Looks like the bike likes about 13.8. It's making good torque @ 3700 then as soon as the AFR goes over 14 it drops like a rock until it starts to detonate and back off the timing.

Put the stock air filter back in, you'll actually pick up power :slap2:

I'm serious, put it back in NOW before you do some permanent damage.......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts