14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 VRSCAW and having the dealer install the following:

Vanes and Hines 2-1 SS Comp exhaust
Screaming Eagle Destroyer Big Bore Throttle body kit
Screaming Eagle Destroyer injector kit
Screaming Eagle Stage II kit
Screaming Eagle Super Tuner

First thing I noticed they removed the O2 sensors, I thought they would be reinstalled. So far they spent a few days on the tuning and are still having an issue with the running from 1-5K rpm. They said it runs great at higher rpms and are still working on the bike. Seems like they are committed to getting it running right. Just wish I could get it back.

UPDATE:
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. They are looking to get a street baffle now hoping it will help the fact it's not running well at 1-5K. I think they took off the destroyer injectors, they are finding they did not help. Maybe I should have asked you guys for help before I went to the dealer

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Why remove O2 Sensors... Human nature... "...we destroy that which we do not understand"

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Does that V&H exhaust have the O2 bungs in it? If it does then I have no idea why they'd want to remove them - if not - well - it's because there's no place to put them back in.

Destroyer injectors seem like a bit much with that combination (IMHO), and the TB requires tweaking in order to get it to idle correctly. There's info elsewhere in the forum about that (Big Bore I think).

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the destroyer tb`s are not overkill in that they will increase hp at high rpm..with a loss at low rpm`s.. the injectors may be overkill as the stock injectors should handle that combination..i am not sure why they removed the o2 sensors.. the closed loop can be disabled with the race tuner and that is a good move with radical combinations that have a problem with closed loop systems. maybe they have done this combination before and had problem with the closed loop fueling..i have tuned this pipe on a stock motor and it does require a lot of added fuel around 4 to 5k.. could be even more so with the stage 2 cams..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. They are looking to get a street baffle now hoping it will help the fact it's not running well at 1-5K. I think they took off the destroyer injectors, they are finding they did not help. Maybe I should have asked you guys for help before I went to the dealer.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
the destroyer tb`s are not overkill in that they will increase hp at high rpm..with a loss at low rpm`s.. the injectors may be overkill as the stock injectors should handle that combination..i am not sure why they removed the o2 sensors.. the closed loop can be disabled with the race tuner and that is a good move with radical combinations that have a problem with closed loop systems. maybe they have done this combination before and had problem with the closed loop fueling..i have tuned this pipe on a stock motor and it does require a lot of added fuel around 4 to 5k.. could be even more so with the stage 2 cams..
There is always "a reaction for every action" or as I say: "consequences".
A lot of hi performance mods will also affect "behavior", especially on the street. Today, with the availability of turbo kits I see no reason to go "inside".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it turns out the hydraulic tensioner for the cam was bad, since the cam was off, it caused the bike to run poorly. When back to the stock pipes, but will consider vmod series 2 during the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.