Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wahooo! I bought an 04-B - black on black. I love the silver VRSCA , but I just can't get past the look of black and chrome. Plus I got a great price, and a great deal on my trade.
This is my third bike in as many years. I was working my way up to the best while learning to ride. I've got about 11K miles riding experience now so I hope I know better what I'm looking for in a bike.
I went from a Honda Magna to Honda VTX to Harley. The last Honda was "made" in the U.S., but I was always planning on eventually going with HD. Heck I'm made in the U.S., not far from HD headquarters for that matter. Riding a Harley just feels like the real deal to me. (That said, I respect anyone on two wheels.) I just didn't know what Harley was right for me, and I had to get past the initial sticker shock as a new rider.
So this year I went to Daytona Bike week and rode nearly every HD out there looking for my Harley. It came down to the Deuce and the V-rod.
The v-rod eventually mesmerized me. My wife was thrilled to hear my decision because she hoped I would get a V-rod. What can I say, she has good tase.
While in Daytona, I had a great opportunity to talk to an HD staffer named Don who worked on the V-rod power train team. Don, if you are lurking, a big thanks.
BTW, Don told me about this forum and the v-rod forum ride in on the Friday of Bike week. Unfortunately I missed the v-rod forum gathering.

Extras:
I've only added a back rest so far. If you have a black 04, get the chrome mount - looks good considering the chrome on the center of the front fender balances the look.

Next: Windshield & Seat. The bike is actually very comfortable without a shield, but I want some bug protection without adding harsh helmet buffeting. I wear a full face helmet.
Seat: By the time I got home from my maiden voyage of 120 miles, my butt was telling me to get the sundowner seat which I had tried in Daytona.
I'd appreciate your opinion here on these items.

Bags:
My T-bag bags don't work so well on this bike's smallish back rest, so I guess I'll have to do something before my next weekend trip.

I'll wave if I see you on the road,
Dave

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Max

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mesmerized

Hi
Welcome, "mesmerized" is what I believe happend to me in Key West at the poker run in '02. Of all the beautiful bikes there, my wife and I kept going back and looking at the V-Rod.

:ride:
Wayne

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Welcome check out this link I'm sure you have already seen the group buy for the Willie G but they talk about the sundowner just depends on if you ride 2 up go with the Sundowner http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4706
I just got a Windvest and there is some helmet buffer they are coming out with one 2 inches taller in a few months but it does work takes the wind blast off your chest but a little expensive. :whack:

·
skin changer
824 Posts
Great Big Welcome Dave, :plause:
Sounds like your in the same shoes I was a couple months ago. I put a Sundowner on mine and the factory HD leather T bag on the back and I like it allot. I can get more in it easier then saddle bags. I also got an ann. windshield and put 2 1/2" extensions to it and I have mine setup about the way I want it. That's the best combination I found so far...but I'm always looking for something better.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:vrodforu:

2004 "B" Model here
and of Course Black Skins also!

Welcome!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey 0992 can you decribe the 2.5 inch extensions on your windshield please?

Dave 04... welcome... hang on to your wallet...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts