Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do most folks call the VRSCX the "CX". You don't call the VRSCDX the "CDX" or the VRSCAW ther "CAW"

so why call the "X" a "CX"?

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
I thought they call it an X.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Have to call it a CX and not just an X because there is a DX and it would get confusing.

·
VRSCX #293/1400
46 Posts
Why CX?

Spaz,

I disagree. VRSC is the base designation for the V-Rod family. The VRSCDX is a "DX" The VRSCX is an "X". The original V-Rod was VRSCA and the next Gen was VRSCB; an "A" a "B". The only V-Rod that doesn't conform is the Destroyer: VRXSE which makes sense because it does not conform!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
RazoRRBlade said:
Spaz,

I disagree. VRSC is the base designation for the V-Rod family. The VRSCDX is a "DX" The VRSCX is an "X". The original V-Rod was VRSCA and the next Gen was VRSCB; an "A" a "B". The only V-Rod that doesn't conform is the Destroyer: VRXSE which makes sense because it does not conform!
Ok, I'll use that from now on. But the DX owners refer a lot of times to their bikes as an X.

·
Premium Member
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spaz said:
Ok, I'll use that from now on. But the DX owners refer a lot of times to their bikes as an X.
They are wrong. Theirs is a DX not a X

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I call my X the Orange Bike.I call my A the Silver bike.

It does bother me when peple refer to the X as a CX,could be they just don't understand the breakdown of the letters.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
We would have to move this thread to the mens lounge, if I told ya what I call my X but thats another story.......

Thats what divorce is..........when ya take a house ya built and really like and give it to a woman, ya hate.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
locked488 said:
Why would it bother you? the "X" model is the distroyer. "VRSX" this model is VRSCX , there is no confusion. exept you guys

The Destroyer's designation is VRXSE.I'm not sure how it breaks down but here is a try....V-Rod Racing, Model X Screaming Eagle

The VRSCX breaks down to V-Rod racing,Street,Custom,model X

If you decifer the VIN # the X is actually an HJ model.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
X marks the spot

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
.....is it time again for another round of...."are they all V-Rods?"

·
Premium Member
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
locked488 said:
Why would it bother you? the "X" model is the distroyer. "VRSX" this model is VRSCX , there is no confusion. exept you guys
Confusion is in the mind of the beholder.

·
puk! puk! puk!
288 Posts
X it is, the best rod on the road,
from a former A owner.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
X

I've been contacting California dealers to see if there are any pre owned or new 2007 VRSCX 's in stock.....?
6 out of 8 salesman of each dealership thought I meant DX.
I had to describe the color and add "Screamin' Eagle graphics" to the description when inquiring on there inventory. I may have even added "limited edition" or "special edition".

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
Someone stick a fork in this thread and turn it over, its done

See this thread, this discussion has been done before
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84185

If can everyone just accept it is the "X" please, that would be nice :D

Only reason some dill of a dealer thinks its an X is because he

A. Never saw an X.
B. Has seen or sold lots of DX's (there seems to be lots of them) :laugh:
C. Has limited knowledge of designation letters and probably only understands the prefix MSRP
D. Doesnt know shit from clay :angeldev:

The theory of the model VRSC and A B D X & SE is all we need to use.

And yes a DX is still a D IMO, and a DX aint no X!

Something I found interesting is normally the letter "X" and the crossed flags logo means "race only" :2cents: :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts