Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Why are Reactor rims so expensive?

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  MegaZ 
#1 ·
I don't understand why they cost so damn much. Are they forged or somehow manufactured out of something more than run-of-the-mill aluminum because of how sparse they are?

They're ridiculously expensive to me. I don't get.

#3 ·
I ran into the same thing a couple years ago. I called around the country to dealers that had them in stock and the best I could do was around 25% off list and free shipping.

I finally gave up and settled for 6 spoke take-offs from an R which worked out really well.

#11 ·
Aren't they Billet? That would make them cost a little more then say the cast 5 spoke they put on the F, but by no means justify's the price. I'm guessing thats why they're so heavy.

I have them on my bike and they definitely slowed it down going from a the solid w/ a 180 to the reactor with a metzler 260. I had put a 26T pulley on a long time before that and the reactors slowed my bike down more then the 26T helped it accelerate.

They do look good though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.