Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why they cost so damn much. Are they forged or somehow manufactured out of something more than run-of-the-mill aluminum because of how sparse they are?

They're ridiculously expensive to me. I don't get.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I ran into the same thing a couple years ago. I called around the country to dealers that had them in stock and the best I could do was around 25% off list and free shipping.

I finally gave up and settled for 6 spoke take-offs from an R which worked out really well.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
No idea, so many better wheels for the price...that are non Harley of course :p

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
'Cause somebody keeps payin' for them...
That is exactly why.
At a Weld vender display at a drag meet several years ago,I asked why motorcycle wheels are 3 and 4 times higher than popular custom drag racing wheels,like the drag lights I run on my truck.The answer was because people will pay the price.:deal:

·
Dylan454
219 Posts
Aren't they Billet? That would make them cost a little more then say the cast 5 spoke they put on the F, but by no means justify's the price. I'm guessing thats why they're so heavy.

I have them on my bike and they definitely slowed it down going from a the solid w/ a 180 to the reactor with a metzler 260. I had put a 26T pulley on a long time before that and the reactors slowed my bike down more then the 26T helped it accelerate.

They do look good though

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
good to know most people here call wheels "wheels"...rims are worthless without spokes and hubs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts