Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tired of the crap
Joined
·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is old news for a lot of you, but I just noticed that H-D has come out with a chrome license plate frame specially for the V-Rod.

Personally, I don't think I'll be rushing to put one on my bike anytime soon - but for those of you with a serious hexavalent chrome jones going on.....
 

·
The Heavycycles Guy
Joined
·
6,785 Posts
don't forget this one.

it does a similar job, but looks a hell of a lot nicer... of course it costs more too.

 

·
V-Rod Addict
Joined
·
271 Posts
Was getting ready to order one when I noticed, "59726-04
Fits '04-later VRSC models."

That's no good . . . I've got an '03. Anyone know what you'd have to do to retrofit it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
It fits okay on mine, just not quite the same as on an '04 I assume. I'll post pics at some point soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
It fits fine on an '03. I think it was just a misprint in the catalogue. I bought it and put it on my '03 with no problems whatsoever.
 

·
The Heavycycles Guy
Joined
·
6,785 Posts
brucewinter and Vrod-tlam both have the Billet Boys plate frame, now if we can get some pictures from them :D .

here's what it looks like on a mock-up fender/dog's ass:

 

·
VRRRRRROD!
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
I've been travelling alot & haven't finished the install yet. I can tell you the Billet Boys frame is a quality, heavy product, not some stamped crap!
:cool:
I'll put it on Sunday & post pics.
 

·
Liqwid Rider
Joined
·
281 Posts
mdrsteve said:
It fits okay on mine, just not quite the same as on an '04 I assume. I'll post pics at some point soon!
Any pics yet? I bought one and I have an '03, but it will not fit without modification to the dog's a$$. My '03 does not have holes to mount the chrome bracket. I'm sure if I drilled out some holes it would fit though. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. Maybe they switched dog's a$$ version half-way through '03 production?
 

·
The Heavycycles Guy
Joined
·
6,785 Posts
I have noticed a slight difference between some of the dog's asses I have in the contour at the top of the plate mount... perhaps that's what they were referring to.

I am almost positive that the difference is between '02 and '03 bikes.

look above the license plate, directly under the plate light... some of them have the plastic from the plate area angle up to the plate light, on others, the plate mount area goes straight up to the light area. It almost looks like it's there for added ridgity for the plate mount.

I really don't have the time to sort dog's asses and take pictures, etc, but some of you go take some close up pictures of that area on your bikes and then we can compare.
 

·
Fireman/investigator
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
do we have to move the "Pics of Dogs asses" thread to the mens lounge??
 

·
durata membro
Joined
·
17,603 Posts
I got mine from JC Whitney#agho19324u.$49.98 I ran a 6x1.0 tap into the srew holes and put studs in.Had to drill new mounting holes in the D.A. I used the little chrome covers from Harley to hide the counter sink holes and drain holes.I installed it upside down,light on the bottom,brake and run.It looks good w.the 200 tire.JC has a hell of a nice tag frame selection and some are half the price of most distributors.The chrome on mine is exellent.




Elrod on the V-Rod
 

·
spit happens
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I got mine from JC Whitney#agho19324u.$49.98 I ran a 6x1.0 tap into the srew holes and put studs in.Had to drill new mounting holes in the D.A. I used the little chrome covers from Harley to hide the counter sink holes and drain holes.I installed it upside down,light on the bottom,brake and run.It looks good w.the 200 tire.JC has a hell of a nice tag frame selection and some are half the price of most distributors.The chrome on mine is exellent.




Elrod on the V-Rod
Got some pics of your setup?
 

·
Liqwid Rider
Joined
·
281 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
I really don't have the time to sort dog's asses and take pictures, etc, but some of you go take some close up pictures of that area on your bikes and then we can compare.
Here is a pic of mine. Mine is an '03 two-tone. I put circles approx where there would have to be holes for the HD Chrome bracket to work.
 

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top