Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there used to be a few companies that made turbos kits for the V-Rod, but I can't find any besides Trask and Burn Bros.
I don't like the way the Trask Exhaust dumps straight back. Didn't someone used to make a turbo with an intake in the back and the exhaust that comes forward and curves around under the bike like the stock?
And yes, I know that superchargers are faster, cheaper, get more women etc.
I'm asking about turbos

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wrong on all three points, sorry.
Considered building your own setup ? There are a couple guys that have plenums for sale, which is the most difficult part and is a huge part of the performance. A good muffler / header shop can fab you the exhaust from stainless. The rest is covered in the forum here.

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
It seems like there used to be a few companies that made turbos kits for the V-Rod, but I can't find any besides Trask and Burn Bros.
I don't like the way the Trask Exhaust dumps straight back. Didn't someone used to make a turbo with an intake in the back and the exhaust that comes forward and curves around under the bike like the stock?
And yes, I know that superchargers are faster, cheaper, get more women etc.
I'm asking about turbos
Turbo Connection, aka Billet Charger but I would advise you to stay clear of Brian Olson because he's a liar and a thief and on top of that his kit is a piece of shit. I have his kit and won't put it on my V-Rod due to the piss poor quality of the craftsmanship.

Ron

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turbo Connection, aka Billet Charger but I would advise you to stay clear of Brian Olson because he's a liar and a thief and on top of that his kit is a piece of shit. I have his kit and won't put it on my V-Rod due to the piss poor quality of the craftsmanship.

Ron
That's too bad. I tried contacting them, but they seem to be out of business.
Took a couple of screenshots of a bike with their system posted on YouTube. I like the layout with the intake facing the rider, and the exhaust exiting forward and going in to a pipe of your choice

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found another another video with a turbo that doesn't point to the rear. Anybody know what it is? It looks like a Trask with a custom pipe

It wasn't in English, so I didn't learn much about it. Would wrapping the exhaust under the turbo like that be bad for the bike or hold in too much heat?

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MCX Sweden: http://www.mcx.se/
US seller: https://www.tobefast.com/MCX-USA/
200whp.
Karzza: "mcXpress is the best turbo kit you can buy at the moment".
Knut, I messaged the US seller, and they didn't know about any V-Rod turbos. Do you know how much the system would cost?

Also, would you have to reinforce the engine to run their system?
It seems like I've heard that these motors cant handle much more than 170.

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
That's too bad. I tried contacting them, but they seem to be out of business.
Took a couple of screenshots of a bike with their system posted on YouTube. I like the layout with the intake facing the rider, and the exhaust exiting forward and going in to a pipe of your choice

Best thing that could have happened. Not only is Brian a liar and thief but his turbocharger kit is a total piece of shit. The Mickey Mouse combined plenum and charge air cooler has a bolt passing through the plenum without an internal sleeve. The more you tighten the bolt the more the boost the plenum would leak. I could correct the problem but I won't put the piece of shit on my V-Rod. I bought the worlds most expensive GT25 turbocharger and it came with a box of junk and and an outright $600.00 screwin'.

·
VRSC est -03
3,403 Posts
Knut, I messaged the US seller, and they didn't know about any V-Rod turbos. Do you know how much the system would cost?

Also, would you have to reinforce the engine to run their system?
It seems like I've heard that these motors cant handle much more than 170.
MCX aka Marklund is a turboguru located in northern Sweden. He is THE guy when it comes to turbo charging engines.
Never been there myself but his reputation is top, never heard bad words about his products - ask the snowmobile gang over here...
Price would be around 4200$ for the full kit, huge plenum, curved ic (swedish made too) and exhaust. Running 0.8 psi = 180 whp, would be ok but in the borderline for some components to the stock engine. Numbers above that (1 psi = 230 hp) they recommend upgraded pistons & a non slipper clutch. Add on a 2nd straight gear.
Their website kinda sucks, guessing they`re spending hours out in the work shop..
From time to time I`m taking my dx out for a ride and it always chocking me how sivilized behavior the combination of the throttle respons & torque. Might be the low comp? Never forget it is twice as strong as a n/a engine..! :D Hitting the throttle is better than sex!
Do ceramic coating to the turbo housing and exhaust. Heat problem cured.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
If it Flies, Fuchs or Floats -

It's better than sex because it's MUCH cheaper long term, you can enjoy it over and over just by twisting the throttle (with no 20 minute recovery in between) and when your'e done riding the crap out of her you can toss her on the kickstand in the garage and listen to exactly 0 bitching. Plus NO STD's. And NO Alimony or Child Support. Win, Win, Win, Win. REMEMBER KIDS ! If it Flies, Fuchs or Floats it's better to rent it ! ( SEE Nothing referring to fast V Rods in there ) I rest my case. :blahblah: :D

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
It's better than sex because it's MUCH cheaper long term, you can enjoy it over and over just by twisting the throttle (with no 20 minute recovery in between) and when your'e done riding the crap out of her you can toss her on the kickstand in the garage and listen to exactly 0 bitching. Plus NO STD's. And NO Alimony or Child Support. Win, Win, Win, Win. REMEMBER KIDS ! If it Flies, Fuchs or Floats it's better to rent it ! ( SEE Nothing referring to fast V Rods in there ) I rest my case. :blahblah: :D
Considering the coin that Knut's spent on his bike, I'm not certain a divorce would be cheaper! :D

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
It's MUCH Cheaper to keep her !

I'm not so sure FBJ - I've got 80K+ in a divorce back 25 years ago and I've got no bike to show for it. I could have had a compound super/turbocharged V Rod with Carbon Fiber wheels and titanium footpegs for that kinda $, AND I WOULD STILL HAVE THE BIKE !!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.