Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
Joined
·
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a black grip, preferably metal, that has removable end caps? I have barend mirrors so the end caps would have to go. Hopefully someone will know of some, I can't seem to find any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
LIUNARep said:
Does anyone know of a black grip, preferably metal, that has removable end caps? I have barend mirrors so the end caps would have to go. Hopefully someone will know of some, I can't seem to find any.
Don't know of any offhand, but can I have dibs on the endcaps? I just noticed that I lost one off my HD flame grips... :banghead:
 

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
if it is to attach bar end mirrors there are several you can just cut the end off made by the MOCO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
DTHDOC said:
if it is to attach bar end mirrors there are several you can just cut the end off made by the MOCO.
Hell - get the flame ones and the ends will just fall off! :rofl2:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,036 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Don't know of any offhand, but can I have dibs on the endcaps? I just noticed that I lost one off my HD flame grips... :banghead:
Go to the dealer, they usually stock just the end caps. I then tightened up the nut at the end a bit, and used super glue also. Hasn't budged since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
dont mean to be silly here but cant you cut off the ends of what ever grip you get?
 

·
The Anti-Chrome
Joined
·
872 Posts
That was my thought...but I figure he was hoping for someone that made them that way as to cut down on the ass pain of hacking up a new set of grips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
darn pm renthal grips are the coolest I have seen for the dx
 

·
Safe and sound
Joined
·
4,589 Posts
vesteroid said:
darn pm renthal grips are the coolest I have seen for the dx
:them: Just got a set and I love them. If nothing else DJ get what you want and send them to me and I'll take them to work and cut the ends out on a lathe if you're worried about messin' them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Youngzee said:
:them: Just got a set and I love them. If nothing else DJ get what you want and send them to me and I'll take them to work and cut the ends out on a lathe if you're worried about messin' them up.
Are they more comfortable? Cut down on vibration or do you just like the looks?
 

·
Safe and sound
Joined
·
4,589 Posts
moby_dog said:
Are they more comfortable? Cut down on vibration or do you just like the looks?
I like the looks and they are more comfortable.
 

Attachments

·
Safe and sound
Joined
·
4,589 Posts
waterwerks said:
Youngzee...sent you am IM about the PM grips...I just picked up a set and have a few ?'s
Responded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Keep looking. I had a picture with a link to a black set of grips with matching pegs. They had grooves cut into them that were silver. Looked really cool. I lost the info when I got a new computer though. Might have been Kuryakin or Arlen Ness. They do exist, you just gotta keep looking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
DTHDOC said:
if it is to attach bar end mirrors there are several you can just cut the end off made by the MOCO.
dj thats why i just used my stock ones........i just cut the end off to put my jokers on.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top