Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best prices on Supertrapp V5 exhaust systems? I've search around on this forum but could not find any references to Supertrapp dealers?!Just considering the possibilities!Fred :hmm: :angeldev: :laugh:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John!

Do you know how these go on? Are they bolt on? Anybody? Fred :hmm: :angeldev: :laugh:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
fredfryguy said:
Do you know how these go on? Are they bolt on? Anybody? Fred :hmm: :angeldev: :laugh:
Fred,
They mount to the stock header pipes. Not quite slip-ons because the center section isn't retained. Should be a very straight forward instillation. I almost like them after seeing Nick's with them up and off the ground since he modified the bracket.

John

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
:2cents: I just like your bike so much that I'm going to venture my opnion here. V-5's :hmm: ?. Maybe the Lotterman's 1+1 they're ST if you like. Still sound supertrappy, not necessarily a bad thing, but same or better than V-5's probably. THAT would give it a badass exotic look for sure.

But $525 bucks is hard to beat.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
John,
You Know you Liked them First time you saw them on my bike way back when you just didn't want to admit it! :stilpoke: If I was to have a Street Only V-rod thats what I would have on! :cool:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
VrodG said:
Almost like them???????? :hidesbeh: :wazzup:

I've been VERY outspoken (who me?) about my dislike for Supertrapps on the V-Rod. My main objection was the severe limitation for right handers.

But it doesn't stop there. The smooth rounded lines of the V-Rod just don't go with the pregnant coffee can on this power-making pipe. So I'm torn. I'm planning on going to the 80" big bore kit and granted my V-Mods have served me well (117.9 rwhp) I fear they won't deliver the power I expect. The other options are the TurboTec and the Joker Machine pipes. The TT makes great power, but is ear bleeding loud, low and doesn't have a heat shield. Sam has told me he can make it up-swept for me and even with a different can. But still no heat shield. The Joker Machine pipe is unproven and still looks quite low. It also doesn't have a heat shield. But back to the Supertrapp, it makes excellent power and retains the stock header pipes which may turn out to be the deciding factor as I'm going to be the Guinea pig for the Terry Components O2 setup which will tap into the header pipe to install the O2. So, I'm really still on the fence. IF I could get past the fact that I really don't like the look of the ST on the V-Rod, I'd get one.

John

P.S. Kaz, I never liked the pipe (don't care for the H/L fairing either) although I generally like your bike .

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
:) I too, "almost like them".

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:kiss: ;)

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Joker Machine

:lick: The Jokers seem to be getting better with some tuning and time, seems with more power now. They are louder now. Never scraped and I have tried, believe me. I'll bet I'm getting more than 112.4 :sinister: . I'm keeping absolutely stock besides filter and header just so that no doubts remain. Even with me not being a tuner power delivery is extremely smooth at any throttle position and load. Only drawback is no heatshields and thus more heat and like any uncovered exhaust mild discoloration, I gave it some Mother's and bualah, they look soo cool. No burning so far, not a problem really.

"Pregnant coffee cans" :barf: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
He does have better prices on almost everything I have bought anywhere else (without knowing).

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
e-bay $250-$400! :diablo:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Nick's bike looks BADDD with the ST!!!!!

Like I said above Nick bike looks great with the ST and you can't beat the performance rep ST have! Thanks for the lead to chopper steve's, his $525 is the best I could find searching the web! Fred:plause: :plause: :)

npicklo said:
I got my from chopper steve. he had the best price by far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts