472 Posts
Maybe it's Ozzie's work.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
powerline said:
I would love to get this going on my bike ...if anyone knows please help
All,
I took that pic... search "Street Fighter" in the gallery or look under my name...
I also took a pic of the dude's card...

Mike

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I want something in black and silver like that, just the dial faces, not the surrounds, maybe more symmetrical from the centre to the 2 side sections, hmmm - what a great way to customise the bike without changing the bikes already superlative looks!

Or do a v-rod logo type thing in there,

or www.v-rodforums.com! :mrgr:

Does he have a website or email?

·
Registered
555 Posts
powerline said:
I would love to get this going on my bike ...if anyone knows please help
Looks like he took the cluster apart, scanned the face into a computer, then dressed it using Photoshop, did a high quality print, cut it and attached it to the old face. Then powder coated the bezel.

I have a Photoshop WIZ at work. I wonder how hard the dial face is to get out of the cluster.

·
miscellaneous debris
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greenham said:
Looks like he took the cluster apart, scanned the face into a computer, then dressed it using Photoshop, did a high quality print, cut it and attached it to the old face. Then powder coated the bezel.

I have a Photoshop WIZ at work. I wonder how hard the dial face is to get out of the cluster.

Get on it greenham and see what you can come up with

I have photoshop 5 i think it is how diff is wiz

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Is that the FACE? or is it a Hologram inserted under the glass?
You can buy holograms all over the net to get the 3D effect and put it on yourself . :2cents:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Definitely on the face.... it is under the gauge needles. looks cool, but I would want something other than skulls.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think creating something like this is not as easy as one might think. The stock face (under the dials) is clear plastic with three colors silkscreened, painted, or printed on (black, red, white). Those three colors are semi-translucent so the LED's behind shine through (for night reading). There is a 4th later silkscreened last on the back side. It blocks the light except in the areas you want to read. This last layer needs to be completely opaque. Typical color or b/w printers don't produce opaque colors. The opaque area must be done with some other process, possibly silkscreening. So, you can't simply produce a cool image on your computer, print it onto special paper or a plastic viewgraph sheet, cut it out, and stick it in.

One process that could work is printing WHITE ink onto a clear plastic viewgraph type sheet. Then slip it in on top of the stock face. You'd still need to create a mask in your artwork shaped like all the stock face lettering so your custom white graphic didn't cover those areas. I'm not aware of any computer printers that use white ink!

Or maybe someone has some other easy process???

Darn, it could have been so cool !

Attachments

·
WORLD FIRST 300V-ROD
11 Posts
Hey Guys , I Joined The Forum Today, After Powerline Called. That "streetfighter Is My Ride, And Vision. Info Soon On Gauges, Any, Pic, Color, Theme, In Fact The Toxic Logo Will Be In There Soon, And I'll Have Some Used Blue Skulls & Flames Available

·
Registered
320 Posts
Toxic Choppers, thanks for joining. Please keep us informed on your products.
Mike great "eyes" on pursuing new members.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
TC. :vrodforu: Mighty Nice of ya to come and Join us!How about any other Trick Products you got for us? :kaz:

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Toxic,

Welcome to our band o' bro's.

I went to toxicchoppers.com, I'll assume that's you? Nice start to your web site, but as a heads up, it was terminally slow in coming up. Not sure if anyone else will have that problem, but might be worth looking into.

I also see you're in Colorado Springs. Not far from me (up near Boulder). I hope to see your V-Rod in person some day.

Thanks for sharing your info...

KARAF

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
KARAF said:
Toxic,

Welcome to our band o' bro's.

I went to toxicchoppers.com, I'll assume that's you? Nice start to your web site, but as a heads up, it was terminally slow in coming up. Not sure if anyone else will have that problem, but might be worth looking into.

I also see you're in Colorado Springs. Not far from me (up near Boulder). I hope to see your V-Rod in person some day.

Thanks for sharing your info...

KARAF
KARAF,
I don't think it's the same guy... his card says he is from Wausau, WI?!?!? :eek:
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts