Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife fell in love with the 2011 White Hot Denim with Security + ABS sooooo, here's the offer: my wife's 97 converted Fat Boy below + some cash. What should the price difference be?
Yeah, I know, it's a smokin bike but it's 14 years old, has an open primary, the clutch is super stiff, brakes are par, at best, it rides like a freight train.... Looks good, but it's still 14 years old

·
Registered
93 Posts
your gonna trade the fatboy in? Why? also willing to sell it? email me pics and price. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your gonna trade the fatboy in? Why? also willing to sell it? email me pics and price. [email protected]
Unless you're 5 ft tall, you wouldn't like it. It's super lowered, the controls are super reduced reach. Fits my wife perfectly, she's 5' tall, when I ride it, I feel like I'm on a bicycle and I'm 5'10".

The open primary creates a maintenance nightmare in itself. The clutch is always slipping, even after rebuilds, the bars vibrate so bad to the point your hands go numb, the clutch is really stiff, the brakes slow you down, but that's about it (I make my wife ride about 50ft behind me). I'm sure everyone likes the looks, but IMO, I'll never want another EVO based HD again. You can do the exact same thing to a newer model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts