Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new to me 2006 vrsca on Saturday and have been looking at windshields. What do people think of the various windshields available for this bike? The super sport seems to look the best, but obviously provides less protection, etc. I want the detachable type. The touring is larger and more money but looks large also. Then there is the Ultimate touring type? I have looked thru peoples bike pics but I am unsure of which windshield is actually on the bike since it often is not listed. Opinions and pics and comments are appreciated before I drop a few hundred. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the touring hd removable windshield, and just recently sold it, but I loved it the protection it was superb. I couldn't have been happier with it. Also with the lines of the windshield it was barely noticeable when on my v-rod. Great choice I think, little pricey from harley, possibly try ebay.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
If you don't want to go with the HD models, I use a Windvest that looks like this:http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html

There's a couple bolts above the light shroud that secure it to a permanent bracket. Easy on and off and it deflects the wind real well.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
www.rifle.com It adjusts forward, back, and has 4 inches of up or down movement. I don't like shields on a V but on freeway trips I must admit I like it. In 5 seconds it's on or off and looks modern like the bike. The quality is excellent. I think I paid just under 300 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have the touring and the ultimate touring. im 6 foot tall and the touring doesnt have the angle or hieght even when adjusted all the way up. big bugs hit me all the time and the wind is annoying. the ultimate has a better angle and has great protection

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have both the HD sport and touring for my bike and felt that the sport looked the best but only took the wind off my chest and shot the wind into my face. I really like the touring and it blocks most the wind and all the bugs for me. It may not look as nice as the sport or some of the others listed in this post, but it does exactly what I wanted and it comes off real easy for cleaning. This has been asked several times so you may search the forum to read some of the different responses and see others pictures. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for that guys, I just posteda similar thread then read this one.

Looks like im after the Ultimate Touring SHield then, $500 bucks in Canada

Nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone ever experience a bad wind vibration with the touring windshield? I just installed one on my 2003 VRSCA. I liked it until I got up around 60mph then I got a really bad wind vibration coming off the shield that was very uncomfortable on the ears. I would appreciate any feeback on what causes this and how to stop it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
www.rifle.com It adjusts forward, back, and has 4 inches of up or down movement. I don't like shields on a V but on freeway trips I must admit I like it. In 5 seconds it's on or off and looks modern like the bike. The quality is excellent. I think I paid just under 300 bucks.
Don't you already have to have the mounting hardware on the bike? I'm in the same situation and want a windshield as well. Most of the ones on eBay are the quick release ones that require another kit that ISN'T sold anymore. The newer quick release ones that have the hardware that stay with the windshield are also very pricey and hard to find used...apparently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just went through this myself. I checked ebay and my local HD dealer. I ended up getting the discontinued version with the silver flames from my local dealer. They had the shield (HD part #57895-04) and the leave behind mounting hardware (HD part # 58360-01) in stock. Both items are discontinued so I was able to get one at a great price. Although discontinued both the shield and the mounting hardware can be found. If you look at item #150596737821. I bouth this exact shield for $250 + docking hardward $70. I wanted the new quick release clamp style but I save over $100 buying the old style.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
Don't you already have to have the mounting hardware on the bike? I'm in the same situation and want a windshield as well. Most of the ones on eBay are the quick release ones that require another kit that ISN'T sold anymore. The newer quick release ones that have the hardware that stay with the windshield are also very pricey and hard to find used...apparently.
The mounting hardware stays on the bars, it came with the shield but is hardly noticable by anyone but me, go back a few posts and you will find a couple pics I posted. All I need is a Allen wrench and it's on on off in 5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
i have both the hd sport and touring for my bike and felt that the sport looked the best but only took the wind off my chest and shot the wind into my face. I really like the touring and it blocks most the wind and all the bugs for me. It may not look as nice as the sport or some of the others listed in this post, but it does exactly what i wanted and it comes off real easy for cleaning. This has been asked several times so you may search the forum to read some of the different responses and see others pictures. Good luck on your search.
+1 Very good information! It's exactly as stated.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I have the utimate touring and a windvest. The windvest stays on 99% of the time. Actually I don't yhink the ultimate has been out of the garage in 2 years. I have used it on a couple of cold weather rides and rode to Outer banks once with it. I've never tried the HD sport or supersport shields but am very happy with the windvest.
Ed

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
Windshield 2nd post

1 - 17 of 17 Posts