Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing a little help on this one. Seller says it’s from an 06 VRSCD but the brackets look every bit like the 07-11 240 mounts. Hard to really tell if the U mount is the 240 or 180.

Anyone have a decent idea? From what I’m seeing online, the 180 mounting brackets are significantly different looking, while the 240 have that curve and do NOT require the shock mount piece that’s often missing.

I have an 07 VRSCAW. Does this look like everything needed, other than having to get some bolts to fit?

Thanks in advance. Really trying to do some bargain shopping for bags to add a little extra usefulness.

IMG_1252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Needing a little help on this one. Seller says it’s from an 06 VRSCD but the brackets look every bit like the 07-11 240 mounts. Hard to really tell if the U mount is the 240 or 180.

Anyone have a decent idea? From what I’m seeing online, the 180 mounting brackets are significantly different looking, while the 240 have that curve and do NOT require the shock mount piece that’s often missing.

I have an 07 VRSCAW. Does this look like everything needed, other than having to get some bolts to fit?

Thanks in advance. Really trying to do some bargain shopping for bags to add a little extra usefulness.

View attachment 530857

Following

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
"Vrod King"
857 Posts
Yeah, you have what you need is there. Someone made extra pieces so it would bolt up to their bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you have what you need is there. Someone made extra pieces so it would bolt up to their bike.

Not quite clear. You’re saying that IS everything needed as far as brackets/mounts, and it looks like seller or previous owner retrofitted it differently?

I’m just hoping to avoid buying this particular mount just to realize I’m missing some of those “not sold separately” parts. Lol and I’m not one with easy means to fabricate custom stuff to “make it work”

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the seller about this but I think this is the extra part you’re referencing someone may have made/added to fit the narrow bike.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Looks exactly like the setup for my '06 R Model - remember some models have the wide frame & 240 fender and a 180 rear tire - yes ditch the welded up bracket, install the two OEM H-D L+R " stay on " brackets to the inner fender and you should be golden. Look between your rear fender and your inner metal fender you will see the holes to attach the OEM bracket to, just get some bolts that the heads will fit between the two, and install. Just remember you will need the male snap pin and the brackets from two L+R OEM bags to utilize that OEM bracket, either for OEM bags or Viking bags etc. Use a ty-wrap or install another OEM pin and receiver to avoid losing the bags while you are riding - this single point of failure on H-D saddlebag bracket engineering was seriously lacking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks exactly like the setup for my '06 R Model - remember some models have the wide frame & 240 fender and a 180 rear tire - yes ditch the welded up bracket, install the two OEM H-D L+R " stay on " brackets to the inner fender and you should be golden.

Ooooh. Ok. New to the VROD world (got mine back in June) and didn’t actually know there were 240 mismatched models like that. Which makes sense with what the seller said. I thought he was wrong. Thanks for the feedback. There’s another with the bags and wide tube mount, but doesn’t have the fender mounts so I may try to get both sets at a deal and have everything needed short of bolts. Not looking to do anything creative assembly work, just trying to go stock as budget friendly as possible.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just bought a set for my bike, complete with all the mounts. When I took my fender off, the PO had left the hard to find fender bolts on. I can take pics when I get home if you need them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, after winning the bid on eBay for this set AND another that has bags and the tube/frame mount, I kept looking at the manuals and the pictures. I think the fender mounts I have coming from this are actually going to be wrong. Should be close enough that I can cut them to fit, and drill new holes if needed, but it’s the squared off inner fender part I’m looking at that’s wrong, where as the 07+ 240 mounts are curved and have offset holes. This one (states it’s from an 06 DX) is squared and the holes are even.

So apparently there’s the 02-06 180mm mounts, the 07-11 240, and this odd ball set for the DX? Oh well. I’ll have excess parts and mounts close enough to right that I can make them work! Which I suppose is the VROD thing to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts