Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
How do you access the two rear bolts of the turbo flange? I hate these...
Me too. I have shortened 13mm spanner for this. Also box end wrench is pretty handy while it has more angles. It can be modified to lower and sector from front can be cut away.

Can't twist it to tight but it has been holding so far and do not leak. I use Nordlock washers there just in case.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Looks like a steam boat engine room with all the analogue gauges etc. I lowered fuel pressure from 5bar to 4bar with drop fit fuel regulator. With intake pressure control it will be around 4.5bar depending on the intake condition. With 5bar regulator it was almost 6bar and more with the boost and it was bit too much. Fuel pump goes to its limitations and starts heating the fuel. With 4bar injector duty cycles are still in reasonable range.

Oil pressure is ok. It is +5bar cold and 3bar at idle after heavy usage. Engine temps 93C.

It looks like my lately changed fork gaskets have started leaking again. Front rim is dirty again. Upsider front is little bit bad there.

Now there is 550miles behind and break in is done. Next oil and filter change and twisting those waste gate shaft nuts couple of turns inwards :D What is the point with turbo if there is not enough pressure in the intake? All the gauges can be removed and let the rear tyre smoke for this summer.

More weight to lock up will be needed when there is more boost.

Shifter can be reconnected. It's plug is hanging there.

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Looks great mukle big congratulations getting thru a successful break in and now high time for tire smoke ! Bikes gotta fly let us know boost pressure seen in your Mad Scientist experiments ! BTW yes you are correct, two 8027K transmission bearings are required the later ( at least 2017 ) parts manuals have that correction incorporated, thanks I'm ordering another today parts shows 0.00 but maybe I'll luck out and find one in HD.net at the dealer - ordering my crank bearings today as well, double rewards at the dealer, plus a free hamburger and a beer maybe ! :rolleyes: (y) :ROFLMAO:

181 - 185 of 185 Posts