Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this has probably been asked before so I’m sorry for asking again!! Not.
I’m looking into a keyless system for my 08 NRS. I’ve looked at Digital Guard Dawg and the HD one, big price difference.
So to ye-al out there what’s the best one to get, and which model?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Sorry I missed this.

The security system from HD disables the ECM. It turns off the fuel flow if it is activated and not deactiviated.

The Security system from HD allows you to add an alarm.

The security system from HD allows any vandal to turn on the ignition if you didn't lock it, and can run down your battery.

The DGD-KIM replaces the keyed ignition all together. It doesn't allow power to any of the bike, at all, if your key fob is not in proximity. Even if the fob is in proximity, it goes to "sleep" after 2 minutes, and if it isn't moved, then you STILL can't start the bike, even with the fob sitting next to it.

The DGD-KIM does not allow power to the bike AT ALL when the RUN/Stop Switch is flipped.

The DGD-KIM does not have any alarm capabilities, at this time.

My bike came with the old style alarm. I use the DGD-KIM and LOVE IT.

If you are interested, then please email [email protected]

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Digital Guard Dog / Keyless Start!

Its the greatest thing to be invited since Post Toasties came out! :angeldev:

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
rjrivero said:
The DGD-KIM does not have any alarm capabilities, at this time.
Can you use both the HD security and the keyless at the same time?

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
No issues with my OEM Security with smart siren. Once the alarm goes off the siren will continue to sound even if the would be thief unplugs and tosses it. I leave my bike unlocked with just the security activated. Never have my key with me, just the fob.
Also can disable the alarm with a 6 digit code entered with the turn signal switches

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
v10sport said:
No issues with my OEM Security with smart siren. Once the alarm goes off the siren will continue to sound even if the would be thief unplugs and tosses it. I leave my bike unlocked with just the security activated. Never have my key with me, just the fob.
Also can disable the alarm with a 6 digit code entered with the turn signal switches
This system worked good for me once I learned how to use it. :hidesbeh:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
spinedoc said:
Can you use both the HD security and the keyless at the same time?
Yes. They are completely independant.

·
Registered
102 Posts
RJ, any chance you're going to have another group buy in the near future?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
the stock alarm is fairly useless and at $300 I wasn't thrilled and didn't want to pay for it - the dealer "threw it in" . I realize you can upgrade it but stock from the factory simply cuts the ignition and blinks the lights, again considering the price, fairly useless as they carry it away and throw it in a van.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
RixRod said:
RJ, any chance you're going to have another group buy in the near future?
Yes, sort of. I will have them available for the forum. But we will no longer get the "killer deal" of the first group buy. I'm negotiating the price right now.

RJ

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
street rodder said:
I want one RJ.
Standby. We're going to get them in the forum store before too long.

RJ

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
traktime said:
the stock alarm is fairly useless and at $300 I wasn't thrilled and didn't want to pay for it - the dealer "threw it in" . I realize you can upgrade it but stock from the factory simply cuts the ignition and blinks the lights, again considering the price, fairly useless as they carry it away and throw it in a van.

If they really want it, there is no alarm system short of a 10000 volt shock that will stop thieves. How may car alarms are ignored today?. I've seen front wheels still chained to the posts, while the bike body is gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts