Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07' AW with Tab slash cut baffled exhaust, high flow filter, and a tab fuel manager... I need to know which power commander would work better. I am trying to decided either to get a Power Commander III or V, or either V&H Fuel Pak. I do not want to dyno if I dont have too, I will if i absolutely need too but would rather not. Please any suggestions would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So hands down the PC V huh? How much can I do with that over the PC III, because I plan on eventually buying a D&D fat cat exhaust or maybe the V&H 2-1, then more changes to come down the road?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImNoPrince what is the difference between the PC-V and FuelMoto's version? Is FuelMoto's been modified by them or did Dynojet do the Mod??? Now my stock pipes do not have O2 sensors? Does that Matter???

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Fuelmoto comes with a 2 yr warr. I also think direct from Dynojet you can't get the PC-V for the 07 and under. FuelMoto retros them to work with the earlier bike ( this is how it was when I got mine).

If you don't have the O2 sensors that's fine and you don't need AutoTune . But the nice thing is if you upgrade your pipes you can get ones with the Bungs for O2s and then get AutoTune to run them. I just have Slip-on on mine now so no O2s for me but when I upgrade I will get ones with the Bungs and get Auto

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm running D&Ds they work well here in the city as far as sound but Wake up when under load. I run Topless and did it all that same weekend. I think the PC-V really smoothed things out for me. Maybe I really didn't notice any real performance gains but the smoothness is where I saw the big gain. I'm still getting a small amount of Decel POP but that's OK for me I can just take the slack out of the cable and it goes right away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I am thinking of going with the Vance & Hines 2 to 1 exhaust because I can find it for a better deal than the D&D fat cat. I have the harley quick release nylon bags for my bike, is the exhaust going to hit the bag or will it be fine? Would it be better to go with their fuelpak or should i got with the PC-V? How much can you do to your bike with just the fuelpak? If I wanted to do more like cams and a some other things. Would I have to upgrade from a fuelpak to something like the power commander. I want to get this straight before I spend all the money on it and then later find out that I should have gone with something different.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree with imnoprince, I price shopped a bit but found Fuelmoto to be great. The customer service is great if you have any issues and they will preload a map for you based on your setup. Plus they extend the warranty 2 years. I would reccommend the PC-V because you can still use PCIII maps and it's a newer technology... IMO I go for the newer tech stuff when possible and cost effective.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered it from phatperformanceparts.com, I had a coupon code which made it cheaper at the time. they drop shipped it from D&D directly. You could also ask Sharkey on the forum, he usually has some competitive pricing also. Keep in mind it may take 3 weeks or so to get it if D&D does not have it in stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.