Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay… the PC3 is on the way!! I have the v-modded stock exhaust, SE air filter installed, stage 1 ecm flash and going topless. I have asked a couple of you directly what map you run with the same mods. I realize in order to get everything you can from the engine you need to do dyno runs and adjust to get the best numbers… however I want to get a good starting point. It appears some of you are running the M809–020 with these mods and others have suggested running the –021 for a good starting point. I am new at this so I am digging for all the information I can find.

From the PC web site it looks like the –021 will work fine without being topless, however I’m going topless. Has anyone changed this map for running topless and would you be willing to share it so I can see how it runs on my bike?

I am open for any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Howard

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Val posted a map for your setup in the PCIII files section. It's based on the -20 for topless.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Mark the -20 map is for v-mod, se filter and topless isnt it ? That's what I'm running. My thinking was that Val wanted a map to run with the top but without being rich?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
VrodG,

Good catch, you are correct sir ;)

Unless Steve wants to chime in I'd say go with what the PC site says. Your setup would use the -21 map.

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
use the -021 running topless as well?

the difference between -020 and -021 is stock ecm verses stage one ecm, per web site, right?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
vrsca2003.... Sorry I missed this in your 1st post. [stage 1 ecm flash ] I wasn't trying to confuse you. Sorry Greg

·
AMF
423 Posts
I installed the 020 map and it had a pretty good lean spot between 4-5k rpm's. I had a custom done, but it seems to be pretty rich. I need to go back to the dyno and have it tweaked. Bike runs like a scalded dog right now but is a little gas hungry. I have run 2 tanks since the custom map and the mileage seems to be down to 36-37 from 42-43. In all fairness to Steve's maps, I originally installed the 020 map when I bought my PC and had the stock ECM. I had the stage 1 flash done and then took the bike in for the custom map so the lean issue may have been related to not matching the flash level with the map.

·
AMF
423 Posts
VrodG, No I do not run topless. Like others here, I did not like the additional noise so I put the top back on. I ran it topless for 1 day.

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My PC3 is on back order but should get it within a week or so. I went topless today and the bike appears to breathing much better with the vmod stock exhaust and stage 1 flash. I couldn't go for a ride to try it out, still to much snow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts