Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Hello all,
New to this forum, but appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experience here. Saves us all some headache and time. I too am debating this issue, and am wondering if the R/T is tunable for someone without a dyno. It doesnt seem so, and I have no faith in my dealers techs. V-Mod has a custom map for the PC3R for the setup I am planning on... will that be adequate? My goal is better sound, and NO power loss. More power will of course be appreciated. :banghead

'03 stock, stock, stock.

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Thanks for the reply Val,
I was leaning towards Steves stage 2 package, which is SE V-mods, PC3R, SE air filter, 28 t pulley, speedo recalibrator, and topless. Steve has a custom map for the PC with this setup, and I think he has done a lot of dyno time. I love the look of the 2-1 setups, and I guess this is why I am still holding out on this change. Want to get the most bang for the buck, of course, but want to retain driveability and reliability. So far though, I love the bike... any problems I have had have been from ham handed mechanics.:blahblah:

enough rambling. Thanks again
Greg

'03 stock, stock, stock (still)

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I saw that post and am looking forward to the results. I wont be ready to do all the mods until about Feb anyway, so maybe that is fate? Steve was planning these earlier, but there wer complications. I access the internet from work, so MP3's are filtered and I have not heard the sound file for the Supertrapps. If anyone has a .wav file of their STs I would love to hear them, or even Kaz's Turbotechs. I have a feeling that Steves will be similar. He had said something about the current setups being too $$$$$ ro too much like a big twin for the V-rod.

Greg

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Thanks Frank,
Problem is, I can't access MP3 files from here. (stupid filters)
I even have Kaz's video, but no sound with it :confused: so this might just be my penalty for using work to get on line.

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Hey!!! I have seen that very face over here!

:rofl3:

Ok, queston is, does the R/T 'require' a dyno to tune it? Are there pre-made maps (ala PC3) that can be used until I can get on a dyno? Seems to me that for the average joe (me) without a dyno, without good stealer support, that the PC3 (or other such animal) is the way to go. Please, enlighten me if I am wrong. I can't wait to perk up my baby's sound!

· Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Thanks MJW930,
I guess more homework is in order. I have a friend that is pretty good with the PC, but I don't know of any one in my area (far west TX) that has the RT. I love the idea of the adjustability the RT has. Never an easy answer when $$$ and HP are involved. (sigh)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.