Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Just read this thread ...........

I have an '4 VRSCB with V-Mod SE slip ons, K&N filter and the HD race tuner. I get 107.9 rwhp and 73.4 rwtq according to the dyno at dealer where I purchased the bike. After reading this thread, it's obivous my tech is lacking either in knowledge or the correct attitude.
I do have the abilty to understand the race tuner software (I've been an IT manager for some time now) and plan on becoming my own 'expert' this winter.

I'm glad I found this thread. You guys are wealth of information.

Max, great forum!:plause

· Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
Bartels,
I ran against a friend of mine that has a new '03 ElectraGlide standard that has 103" kit, ThunderCones and various other trick stuff. He is the type of person that has to have the throttle twisted to the max ALL the time. It's amazing he is still alive. Anyway, I smoked him with my V-Rod. Standing still or from a roll, he didn't have a prayer. He came running to me at a gas station (go figure?) and he said he couldn't believe how quick my bike was. I really did feel good about that. He couldn't believe how close to stock I was with just V-Modded pipes, SE air cleaner and the race tuner software. I think the real trick is that this bike was dialed in on a dyno. I'm so happy!!!
Fred
Just watch out for those pesky new ('04) R1 Yamahas. 180 hp an a little more than 300 lbs.! Yikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.