Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is very subjective but i want to hear your thoughts on which way i should go to make some more power. I have an 02 with V-Modded Se slip ons, with the SE air fliter and the flash that comes with getting the SE slip on's. I have a 28T pulley, running topless and am looking for more ponies.

Ive read about the PCIII, Race Tuner and a little about the Techlusion TFI BOX . Some questions are........how hard is it to use each one of these? Installation.....easy hard??? Do i need to have it dyno right after installing ? I know very little about any one of them and have hesitated becasue of that but it is now time for me to learn! I see that John is getting 117hp and that looks good. Im curious how much you got from adding the PCIII. Im currently getting 109.3. Is it likely to get another 8 or so HP just from tuning from any of the above choices.

Thanks in advance!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Since the ONLY way you are going to get that last few HP out of your bike is to dyno tune it you should use the Race Tuner. The only reason to get the PCIII would be to take advantage of maps that have already been done for combinations that are radically different from the Harley SE Combos. Your setup is very close to the SE setup, that's why you are getting 109.3 already. Using the Race Tuner will allow you to adjust for the 28T pulley, maintain good driveability, make maximum HP and still get reasonable fuel economy. A properly tuned V-Rod in your configuration should get between 37 - 40 MPG (depending upon riding style) and make 115 - 118 HP.

The only down side, there aren't as many techs up to speed on the RT as there are on the PCIII (at least that seems to be the consensus, my experience has been that if they are good on the V-Rod then they prefer the RT).

Oh, I almost forgot, you asked about easy...... If it was easy then you would have a lot of 115+ HP V-Rods out there. None of the fine tuning is easy with any of these products. The level of ease is also relative to your technical skills. For me the RT is easy, for many it's beyond them.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess i should ask who makes the Race Tuner? AND how exactly does this work copaired to the others?

Also ............ what other way is there to make HP without using the above mentioned products. (while keeping the motor general stock form)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
CW-VRod, the race tuner is genuine HD. That is why it can be a very powerful tool. It does not have to fool the control module it can actually re-program the module with new data.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
What they said!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts