Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be going with Amsoil for the first oil change but did not want to use a chrome filter. What would be a good alternative to the Amsoil filter? Thanks

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Some guys use high-temp rattlecan black to paint their Amsoil filters - would take all of 10 minutes to do.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
HD has the best filters you can get

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
repeat, the best filter you can get for your vrod are the stock ones, and i think the cheapest

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
repeat, the best filter you can get for your vrod are the stock ones, and i think the cheapest
:stac::stac:
even though many "full" synthetic oils warranty/guarantee that you can extend your oil change interval, you will still need to change your HD filter at the moco intervals. With some of the aftermarket oil filters, you still only need to change the filter when you change the oil. So, if you change your Amsoil engine oil every 7500 miles (instead of the moco 5k), you don't need to change your Amsoil oil filter until 7500 miles.

If you change your Amsoil oil at 7500 miles but are running the HD filter, you still need to change your filter at 5k.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
:them:

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
:hmm:
there was a old thread somewhere here about this topic and the general consensus was that better than the stock filter, there isn't.
considering price and quality.

I am not an oil guru so i just use what is asked to use.
to me its all hype, IMO
and your right, some is spewing alot of shit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts