Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a couple of threads where the miiors are mounted under instead of on top of handlebars.........
Gives the front a cleaner look, and no elbows in the mirrors!
My question is, what mirrors are you using that don't hit the Airbox cover when cornering ( on a 04B)?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Under mounted are very cool,but they will mess up a air box if and when you lay it down,and I find it hard to keep them adjusted always seam to bump them I found a set
of kosman on ebay cheap less then 25.00 ,for that investment who cares.They come with enough mounting bracket to fit just about anything. pics are in my gallery. I also have a set of flamed mirrors I'd give you just pay the frt. Roge

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roge
if your not in need of the flame mirrors, I would gladly buy them from you.
They look like they will not interfere with the airbox when turning, unlike the stock ones.
I'll send you a pm
:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Under mounted are very cool,but they will mess up a air box if and when you lay it down,and I find it hard to keep them adjusted always seam to bump them I found a set
of kosman on ebay cheap less then 25.00 ,for that investment who cares.They come with enough mounting bracket to fit just about anything. pics are in my gallery. I also have a set of flamed mirrors I'd give you just pay the frt. Roge
Oddly enough, my mirrors are underneath the bars, I was broadsided, bike went down on left side with no damage to the airbox BUT damage to the bars.

2009 DX with stock mirrors under the bars.

·
Registered
312 Posts
after riding a pan years ago. I moved mirrors under the bars, I think the bike looks better and the now mirrors work. they are stock.
just check they dont hit the air box when you fit them,
got hit by a car, bike went down, no damage to air box.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dont know about an 04B. But I used the stock mirrors on my 09DX. Just flipped em. You can look at my images to get an idea what they look like.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried every way possible w the stock mirrors, and when I turned the bars, they bit the frame and or the air box. With Roge helping me out, the flame mirrors look like they will work .

·
Rocky Mountain Rider
341 Posts
stock mirrors worked for me without touching at full turn... good luck! made a world of difference for me

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Kury lighted ones work, too. Also eliminated the turn signal.

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
I have wanted flipped mirrors since I got the bike 2 months ago. I just like the look of having nothing above the bars on any bike. The only thing that's been holding me up is that the damn front signals need to be lost to make it work on my DX.

I don't like the looks of the signal relocation on the forks either so I am going to spring the $250 for Custom Dynamics ring blinkers. Also, after some serious consideration last week I also concluded that I think my stock mirrors would look too bulky flipped. So I just ordered these Ness mini ovals and think they will work out perfectly. They are tiny an I don't think they will touch the airbox at full lock...

Should be here this week and I'll mount them up top until I get the signals on.

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
You will need a signal reloaction kit for your 04. After that most will fit. Just have to watch out fir short stem mirrors. You'll find that those don't show well under the bars. I've ran my mirrors under the bars for years. So much better to see with (and it makes it look lower and cleaner)! I actually just switched back to black stock mirrors from custom mirrors. Just so much less wiggle and much more viewable area. Don't worry about the airbox. You just have to adjust them right.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone fur the info. I gotta get around to poring pics of my bike/"mykid"!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts