Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I can't afford my Vmods yet....So which map can I/should I use for a stock bike with the RT? If all else fails, I'll just leave the factory ECM in until I get my pipes done but that doesn't sound very fun :)

·
4,638 Posts
If your bike is stock leave it alone It will run like a Bat out of Hell the way it is , When you mod exhaust then change Settings......

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
c4550, I would wait to change the flash until I got my pipes done and then select one that allows you to run topless with the more open pipes and start from that point. While it may not seem as fun as flashing it now that gives you time to read, read, read first and also to look at some of the other options that are available with the RT. I already have an hour in recording data and looking at how the bike reacts to different signals.

Max

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the logical thing to do, thanks guys. I was trying to figure out how to play with the new toy in the meantime. But you're right, I might as well wait. Maybe get some OT at work so I can get the pipes done :) Keep us posted on your progress Max

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
c4550 I'm cheating, since mjw930 and I run very similar setups I will be starting with his map and then see if I can get a little dyno time with my 5 gas and see if I can't adjust for my non v-mod pipes and altitude difference.

Max

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have to agree with what's being recomended here. Leave it alone until you get your pipes and in the mean time readup on your RT.

Max-where do you plan to dyno? Wood's, Sabine's, .....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
John over at Woods told me they are getting one in so I thought I would check and see if they were in operation yet but I had thought I might get my pipes moded by chopper steve before I did it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm taking my bike over there tomorrow for some warrenty work. I'll check it out and let you know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are none of the out of the box calibrations suitable for a stock V-Rod? I haven't changed my pipes yet, but I was hoping that I could use the RT to download a stock ECM and change to the 28 tooth sprocket this month.

It might be a couple months before I get new pipes, but I don't want to pay the dealer to do the speedometer change since I have the RT. Is what I want to do even possible, or am I going to have to do a pipe change at the same time as the 28 tooth in order to get a reasonable baseline flash in there with the RT?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just a little bump in case someone who knows the answer to this hasn't seen this thread :helpme:

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
This is taken from the calibration PFD.
It looks like all 3 factory calibrations start with SE air cleaner and pipes.

MY02-04 VRSC
(MY02 requires
IAT relocation kit)

14: HDI w/ SE A/C & Slip-fit Mufflers 105GQ017 3202802A
15: SE A/C & Slip-fit Mufflers 105GY001 3200802
16: SE A/C & 16 Gauge Double Barrel Mufflers 105LS001 3260702SE A

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also saw nothing that would apply to a stocker. Hopefully I'll be upgrading exhaust soon (V-Mods) and can put the thing to work :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
You would think that the race tuner would come equiped to turn a race legal bike back into a street legal bike. I know that the chance of getting harassed for having screaming eagle pipes and air cleaner on the roads are pretty slim; but it just seems like a pretty normal application someone would want to do with the thing.

So if you ever want to run with the stock air cleaner and/or pipes, you have to either have the MoCo flash the bike, or tune it (or have it tuned)?

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Yeah, I think that's right. I spoke to the dealer while they were flashing my bike and they have a stock map if you ever want to go back but they say chances of doing that are slim . . . they've never had anyone ask. I supposed after you get some more power you never want to go back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts